08

Carter was offended. He wants to save a certain someone and that person was declining him. Well, this is what happens when you were surrounded by damsels. Carter grew with them and the fact that this is the first time his help was neglected and insulted, he can't take it.

Another thing that he has was histrionic personality disorder. In short possessiveness. He gets extremely disoriented when someone tries to leave him. Right now, he is feeling the 'why is he leaving a golden person?' state. It's making him mad for some reason, and he can't even notice how cringe he's being already.

Although, he chose to let Connor leave because he knows what kind of person Connor is. The boy would either think Carter himself is getting a little bit too clingy or full of himself and that's what he's avoiding to happen. Like the people learning what is his real intentions.

Connor walked silently. He watches his ground to see if some hyenas or hungry mammals are around. Fortunately for him, the hyenas were distracted by a juvenile deer that passes them.

Connor continued his journey nonetheless the only light that was giving him vision was the light coming from the moon. He advanced one more step... And saw a claw. A claw that seemed to be from a bird was covered by large leaves. The claw was still moving so Connor decided to move closer to reveal a peregrine falcon tangled with an unknown piece of a tie. He gasped. "Damn, that might hurt. Well, come here and I'll help you." Connor pulls the peregrine falcon onto his arms and holds it like a bridal style.

He untie the thing and released the bird. Though, instead of flying, it just went to the ground. Connor then remembered peregrine falcons are not nocturnal animals. "Okay, you'll stay with me for a moment," He whispered, putting the bird back onto his arm.

Amidst the expedition, Connor finally stopped at a shining fall. The clarity of water confuses him. Right there, he realized there was still a creature lurking around quietly. Connor sighed and pat the bird soothingly.

He didn't sit close to the water since he saw a large track of crocodile body nearby. In order to sleep somewhere safe, he thrives more walk and saw a large stone. He climbed at it and finally set off to a new safe place. The rock is very large that you could build a small house there, it's very safe and Connor hastily fall asleep.

When the sun rises, Connor wakes up a bit differently. It seems like he got a better nap than before, yet he's so hungry. He looked around and the bird was finally gone. "I hope he's safe..." He muttered to himself.

"Me?" That startled Connor as he hear Carter speak from behind.

"The fuck are following me?" Connor scowled. "And it wasn't you, it's a... Hard to explain."

"A bird? Well, I saw it flew away when the sun rises," Carter said. "And don't say I was watching you the whole time because I came here before you did. I just leave for a moment to grab woods for fire and when I came back, you were here with a bird that was trying to pry a large snake away," he added.