022

"Do you think we are still getting out of here?" Connor whispered. "No offense but we are probably the reason why all of this is happening... And we're living."

"How can you say that?" Carter complained agitated.

"After those back creatures learned there's a cabin that leads here in that open field, the front creatures probably notice they're rivals gathering."

"Fronts are not afraid of water, only back creatures. And they were eaten by fronts."

"What's the research all about though?" When Connor asked that, Carter somehow remembered he received a phone. He fished it out from his pocket and gave it to Connor. "What's this?"

"That resident evil guy gave it to me. Do you know that when he told you to go at the food court, he stopped me from following you because he said..." Carter hesitated saying those hurtful words at first, but instead he said... "My father is one of the sponsors of this project. He also said that my father decided to make us stay here if needed just to secure the secrecy of this stupid billion worth research."

Connor felt a bit conscious all of the sudden. "Wh-why are you telling this to me?"

And Carter is dumbfounded. "Why not?"

"I mean... We are supposed to hate each others and this is confidential. You don't get to tell others about your father's-"

"I don't care about him already. And you know what? Why are you so naive? I've been hinting that I am goddamn more concern about you than what I have. Why do you kept pushing me away?" Carter sighed as the frustration got him better. He did not look at Connor's eyes for a moment after he'd just said.

"I am not-"

"Yes, you are! All I want to do is — yes, make fun of you but I also want to be friends with you!"

"Lower your voi-"

"I don't care! I've been hinting a lot already but still couldn't get it. I wouldn't have carried you out there to here if I still wanna be your fucking enemy. I realized lots of things in here and you... You still fucking think I am just playing. Yes, I don't deserve any of your trust in just a couple of days after I made yours miserable in years but damn... How could you be so repulsed by my-"

"Carter!" Connor stopped the jock with his words. "I am not repulsed by you, okay? I am also trying my best to get along with you, how are you so blind to see that?"

"You are? You're like 'yeah, wake me up later', 'okay', 'see you around', 'probably that'."

"Carter, who doesn't want to say things like that when the person is acting sexual and kind — at same time mean and life threatener towards you?!" Connor also raised his voice to make Carter see his point of view. "You can't just be friends with me like the others, Carter. You have to do something for me first..."

"I saved your-"

"But you think just because you saved my life, I have to suck your dick off, George." Irritation is clear from how Connor called Carter in his last name. Just like how they call each others when they are in the school.