A different side of me

(Emery)
Hunter didn't stop me from sleeping in a different room this time, I wonder why. I got up early the next morning, wishing I could see my friends but I had to wait for a while. I did my morning routine and got dressed, then made my way towards the kitchen and shrieked out of fright when I bumped into someone I haven't seen here before.

" oh, I'm sorry sir, Didn't see you there." The man said and I nodded my head.

" it's ok, if you don't mind me asking who are you?" The man chuckled as he made his way over to the fridge.

" my name's Gregory Miller. I work here as a chef for mr. Jackson. He gave me the day off yesterday, so I'm only just returning." He explained as he continued with what he was doing.

" need any help?" I asked and he shook his head.

" naw, I'm good. This is what I'm here for right? I'm only making breakfast for everyone so I don't need any help right now." I watched as he took up the eggs and bacons, moving around the kitchen like the pro he is.

" where did you learn to cook like this?" He looks at me briefly with an annoyed expression, but then it changes to a smile. What? I like to ask a lot of questions.

" I went to coralville catering school and got my diploma there. I've always enjoyed cooking so I made sure I was certified enough. After that, I landed a job working here for mr.Jackson." He answered and I nodded my head. That's cool I guess. I wonder if I could get certified as well? since food is like my baby.

" how old are you?" I was curious so I wanted to find out.

" I'm only twenty-three sir." He hisses and I took that as a cue to leave. I guess he doesn't like me much already.

Heading outside, I decided to do what I originally planned on doing. Going back to my old ways. I know you're curious as to what that entails and I'll tell you. I was what you called an adrenaline junkie. I have a desire for danger and I always found myself in worse situations at times.

I love excitement and adventures, something that I never planned on giving up, but my mom talked me out of doing it one day when she found me bungee-jumping off the rooftop of our home. She said that my body was a precious gem and I shouldn't try to destroy it, if only I knew what she meant back then.

I used to drink a lot too, be that rebellious teenager for quite some time. But I stopped and changed my life, after mom started grooming me at the age of fourteen. teaching me what was wrong and right when I'm in a relationship. I didn't fight her on it, because I was thinking it would have been for the best but no. It's only for the worse. Now, I've been labeled as a prostitute. someone paid for me and has every right of calling me that. But, I have every means of making his life miserable from now on. He's going to be sorry he ever knew me.