Drinking

(Hunter)
After saying goodbye to dad's lawyer and his wife, I made my way back to the mini bar so that I could get something to drink. I finally got my inheritance after so long, which should be something I should be celebrating but I wasn't feeling it.

Emery wasn't here with me to celebrate, so why should I be happy? I grabbed a bottle of Spirytus Stawski and poured some in a shot glass before downing the liquor. I coughed at how strong it was, already feeling the effect of it.

" not again." Anthony said as he walks up to me. He was about to grab the bottle from me, but I beat him this time by being more swifter than him.

" yes again. It would be better if you'd join me though. My husband seems to hate me and Treyton is having a fling with a girl." I knew I shouldn't have used that against him, but I wanted him to see that I wasn't the only one having problems.

" that doesn't mean I should be drinking like an idiot. It's better if I'm sober which would be the healthier choice." I rolled my eyes at his lame ass reply before pouring myself another glass.

" your loss not mine. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be mixing and mingling with the guests?" I asked, but I wasn't really interested in what he does.

" I'm planning on taking off for the rest of the evening. I have an important matter to attend to so I wanted you to know before I left." Anthony just seems to be getting weirder and weirder. He once said that he wasn't like me, that I had stalked emery before swooping in and claiming him. but it seems as if he was heading in that direction already. One, I'm sure he wouldn't want to admit to.

" that's ok with me." I replied. Acting as if I didn't know the real reason why he was leaving. He bids me a good evening before leaving on his stalker mission. I chuckled to myself because it seems as if we were basically the same. We were hopelessly in love with someone else who didn't seem to want to give us the time of day.

" you're here drinking, are you for real hunter?" Mom asked in an irritated tone. Her presence made me wish I was somewhere else.

" I'm only celebrating mother, at least try and be happy for me. I have enough money to support you for a long time." She didn't seem pleased with what I had said but that was her problem, not mine.

" put that bottle away and come and talk to your guests. Your boy toy left and now you're here hiding, that's rather disrespectful." She turns around and started to walk away from me. I had a few disrespectful things I wanted to say, but I held it back. If I was to get through this, I needed all the alcohol I can get.