Not going as planned

(Hunter)
It was good to see the smile on emery's face as he talked to his brother while watching Moana together. Gregory caught me staring at emery and gave me a knowing look, I looked down as I felt my face getting hot from the blush I was sure that was forming there.

What the hell is wrong with me? I wasn't always like this. So soft around someone else. I've always been in control and people often feared me. but when it came to emery, I'm a different person. I don't know whether i should like it or not.

I decided to leave them alone so that they could have some bonding time, to see if I could get in contact with his friends. I could have asked Anthony to drive me there, but he left this morning to go and deal with some important matter that he wouldn't tell me about.

Getting in my car, I drove towards the address of Alexandria Campbell or as Abigail said lexi for short. I hope that she's home too, since I didn't get her contact number from Abigail because she didn't know it. It didn't take long for me to arrive at Lexi's home. It wasn't much to look at, but it could do. I drove up and parked in the driveway, then get out after giving myself a pep talk.

After ringing the doorbell, someone came to answer it and I furrowed my eyebrows out of confusion at the person who was in front of me.

" hi, i hope that I have the right address. I'm here to speak to Alexandria, is she home by any chance?" The lady gave me an annoyed look, as if she couldn't stand to be in my presence already.

" look, yes my daughter is of age and she's an adult. but that doesn't give you the right to come here, trying to get into her pants." Did she really just say that? She was about to close the door in my face, but I stopped her before she could.

" look mam you have it all wrong. I'm gay and not here for your daughter in that way. My fiancé happens to be her best friend and he misses her. So I wanted to know if it was ok for her to come and visit him so he wouldn't have to be alone." I know I was probably rambling, but I had to give her an explanation because of the way she was currently looking at me. To tell you the honest truth, she scares me a bit.

" oh emery right?" She asked and I nodded my head.

" so you're the bloke who paid emery's good for nothing mother to have his hand in marriage? At least that's what Lexi told me." She said and my heart skipped a beat as I became a nervous mess in front of her.

" it had to be done, at least I got him away from her and he's much happier now." That was a lie, but she didn't need to know that.

" that's good to know, I can't stand that woman. Well Lexi isn't here at the moment but I'll give her your message and have her call emery as soon as she gets back. I'm sure she won't hesitate to want to visit him." I nodded my head and gave her my number and address, then left in a hurry after she made me promise her not to hurt emery. She had a slipper in her hand, getting ready to attack me if I had said the wrong thing.

At least that wasn't so bad. Now it's time to find Ethan Bailey, I just hope that everything goes alright this time.