11

"You want my son to quit his training?"

"Mr. Yang, I understand you want Jeongin to become a guard, but it his condition it's not possible to continue training." Chan said as the older man continues to glare daggers into him.

He was speaking on the behalf of Minho who wasn't able to attend due to the current chaos and questioning surrounding the princes condition and the event as a whole. Not only was Minho tied up, but Jisung too. He was doing his best to try and make public appearances to assure the well being of the prince and any one injured, all while still trying to teach Jeongin everything he needed to know to become Hyunjins assistant.

Everything was a mess right now, and the last thing anyone really needed was for Mr. Yang to start a whole mess about Jeongins training.

"Then I'd like to take my son back home."

Chan nodded but didn't falter. "I'm sorry, but it's Jeongins choice whether he wants to stay. We've given him another choice whether to work in the palace and he won't be going back home."

"Please try and understand."

Jeongin sighed again for the fourth time as he looked down at Hyunjins schedule. There were tons of dates and times on different says with a variety of events—not to mention the classes scattered between events. 

If anything it looks more like a torture session than a schedule. He's not sure if it's even possible to get everything done in that time, especially when Hyunjins is always running off everywhere. Though now that he's seen his schedule, he's pretty sure he'd be doing the exact same thing. It's no wonder Hyunjins acts out all the time, he doesn't get any space for himself.

A frown forms on his face as he stares down at the tablet in pity.

Hyunjin probably had a similar childhood to his own. Of course probably not with the amount of beating he got, and surely his parents were much less strict, but he can't help but think that maybe Hyunjin has never really had anyone besides Chan growing up after their parents deaths.

Maybe if they had met as kids...everything would have been different?

"Whats with that face?"

What the–

His head turned to see Hyunjin walking into the room with a cocky smile on his face and a cake in his hands. Jeongin momentarily forgets Hyunjin is suppose to be giving a speech today at this exact time because he's never had a cake for himself since his tenth birthday.

"I didn't know what kind you liked so it's half vanilla, half chocolate." Hyunjin said as he sef down the cake on the little table next to Jeongins bedside.

The cake itself was decorated in light baby blue frosting with 'Get Well' written in cursive on the middle of it while glitter was sprinkled around the sides:something that Jeongin has never seen on a cake before—and..is it even edible?

"Thanks, but aren't you suppose to speaking right now?" Jeongin asked as he looked up at Hyunjin who pursed his lips and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Hm, maybe? I wasn't really listening when Jisung told me what was planned for today." Jeongin scoffed lightly, but felt a smile spring on his lips as he reached over and swiped a finger through the frosting.

A satisfied hum left him as the sweet savory flavor melted on his tounge, his sweet tooth kicking in as he reached for a small plastic spoon and scooped off a piece.

This was probably the best desert he's had in awhile, especially since he's been trying to maintain his body.

A chuckle left Hyunjin that made Jeongin turn to him with a sheepish smile as he shoved another spoonful of cake into his mouth. "Hey! Don't laugh. I haven't had something like this in years!" He exclaimed through the mouthful of cake.

Hyunjin frowned, only for a second, but long enough for Jeongin to catch it. So he quickly pulled a smile onto his lips and wiped his mouth before lightly waving his hand. "Its nothing to worry about." He assured before stuffing his mouth again. Jeongin hoped that Hyunjin would let it go, and thankfully he did because no futher questions were asked after that.

The both of them sat in silence as they ate through half of the cake, or rather Jeongin did. Hyunjin ate a slice, but assured he didn't want anymore and that it was his cake anyways. It made Jeongins heart warm to actually hear those words come from someone.

Someone who understood him. Someone who went through a life like his.

A friend.

"Hey, since your getting out on Friday I was thinking we could ditch the party Chans making me attend." He sighed looking up at the ceiling with frown. Jeongin nodded and looked down at his his lap. Jisung mentioned something about that on the phone before.

And a name..

Lim? No...Kim Soyung?

Kim Soyun!

That was the name he and Chan had said the day Hyunjin was upset.

Is that why he...?

"Hey Hyung."

Hyunjin turned to him with a plain expression waiting for him to continue.

"Is it because..you don't want to meet Kim Soyun?"

The room went silent. Hyunjin stared at him with a surprised expression. Clearly not to have expected Jeongin to even know about the whole ordeal with her. He wondered if Jisung told him about it? Or maybe Chan?

Either way his plans would practically crumble if Jeongin thought he was gonna marry to Soyun. Not in a thousand years would he choose her over him. Even if Jeongin didn't know about his little crush, he wasn't going to abandon his feelings for some girl his brother wants him to marry.

Not a chance!

"Yeah, Chan wants me to meet her. Sometimes about wanting me to get to know someone else other than my family." He muttered, his eyes flickering over to glance at Jeongin who was staring down at his blankets, a small 'Oh' leaving him as picked at the side of his nails.

"Of course I don't have plans to stick around the party long." Hyunjin smiled, his head turning toward Jeongin who stared back at him with big eyes.

"Because we're gonna sneak out."

/Aaaaaaahhh I finally updated this.

Now I need to finish Angel!

Anyways

Have a good day or night~