14

"Changbin never mentioned that I'd have two, very famous guest." The man whose name they learned was Seungmin said as he glanced over at the news station broadcasting their disappearance on the TV.

Definitely not a good first impression.

"I'm guessing Christopher doesn't know you're here?" He asked as he looked at Hyunjin who blinked in confusion. "Y-yeah. How..do you?" Seungmin smiled and turned to look back at the TV. "It's a long story." He answered while setting down his cup of tea. Looking between Hyunjin and Jeongin, he sighed. "So, what trouble have you two gotten into?" He asked, leaning back in his seat with a raised brow.

Neither of them answered for a good minute. Jeongin pulled at the sleeves of his sweater, his throat tight as he spoke up. "M-my father. I—uh—made a mistake." He said, cringing at how horribly pitiful he sounded.

Seungmin hummed lightly, his eyes casted down to the table this time as he spoke. "Minho's brother, huh?" He spoke, his words more of a statement than a question. Jeongin nodded and pulled on his sleeves again.

"Yeah."

"How do you know all of this? Did Changbin tell you?" Hyunjin asked as he clenched the phone in his hand. He didn't trust this man. For all they knew he could rat them out for the reward money in seconds, regardless if Changbin trusted him.

"Changbin? No, no, he doesn't like to speak of people that way. Jisung, however, Jisung told me about everything." He said with a light sigh, his eyes filled with sympathy as he looked at the both of them.

"You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like—well until Christopher finds out, but I'd say you have a good week before then." Seungmin said as he stood up made his way toward the sink, setting his glass down before glancing up at the clock.

"It's pretty late. You two should get some rest. I'll show you up to your rooms."

Hyunjin and Jeongin glanced between each other for a quick second before Jeongin leaned down to grab his stuff and follow Seungmin down the hall, Hyunjin trailing not far behind afterward. 

"I only have one guest room, so you two will have to share if that's okay." Seungmin said as he opened the door to the bedroom.

The room was decently big, enough room for the two of them, and that was more than plenty.

"It's good, thank you." Jeongin said softly. Hyunjin nodded from behind him. He still was unsure about this man. He wanted to know how he knew Chan and Minho. What connections did he have toward his brother?

It was possible that they had been friends, but without him knowing? It didn't add up. He's met all of Chan's friends.

Not to mention he called him Christopher. Not even he's called his brother by his English name.

So what exactly was Seungmin to Chan?

"There hasn't been any information that could help us yet. The only evidence we have is security clips of the Prince boarding a train to Daegu with Jeongin."

Chan sighed, brows furrowed together in frustration as he waved the detective off. "Please keep searching. Someone out there has to know where they are." The detective nodded and quickly bowed before exiting the room.

Beside him Minho stood with Changbin, the two of them both silent as Chan stood up and made his way toward his desk.

It had grown heavier in the palace with Hyunjins disappearance. The guards had grown weary and the staff more quieter than usual when they did their rounds. A few other royal families across the world have been sending him prayers and messages in hopes that Hyunjin would return home safely, but it did nothing to soothe his constant worry.

Hyunjin was reckless. Sure he was mature enough not to completely do something stupid enough to get someone hurt, but he was still willing to go as far and give a big scare to the entire country.

Surely if Jeongin was with him he'd keep him from doing any dumb?

"Your Majesty, there's something I'd like to say." Minho said as he cleared his throat and stepped forward.

Chan turned back to look at him. The younger man bowed to him, his eyes holding intangled guilt and sadness as he looked up at the King.

"I'm stepping down from my place as Royal Guard."

Changbin stepped forward, eyes wide as he looked at Minho.

"Hyung—"

"It's already been decided, Jisung has already placed the contract in termination, I'll be leaving as soon as you dismiss me." Minho breathed out as he stood back up and looked at Chan. He felt his throat knot up, his stomach filled with a sickness he couldn't describe as he stared back at one of his dearest friends.

He felt frustrated, sad, angry even as he stared back at the man who'd die for him without a second thought. A man he could no longer keep at his side.

As much as he hated having to see a friend go, he understood why.

Because he too is an older brother.

"Lee Minho." He spoke calmly, a sad smile forming on his face while he continued. "You're dismissed from your position. May you continue on as you wish."

The room settled in a heavy manner. Minho gave one last bow, his hands reaching to remove the broach on the left side of his chest. With a click it snapped off, the symbol of the kingdom resting in the palm of his hand, before it settled on the wood of the desk.

With one last bow, Minho gave a smile before turning for the door.

No longer was he entitled to his country.

Now he had a job to do as an older brother.

"Went well I suppose."

With a hum he turned to look at Jisung who held a small smile. "It'll be different without you here. But I should save my melancholy for another day. You should hurry and board the next train, Jeongin is waiting." Jisung said as he tossed him the car keys and bowed.

"May you continue as you wish, Lee Minho-ssi."

Jisung. Why was it always Jisung. Always Jisung who had been there at the beginning of his suffering, and Jisung who was here at the end.

Jisung who was now apart of this new beginning.

Glancing down at the keys in his hand he took a deep breath and smiled.

"Thank you. For everything, Hannie." Minho said with a smile as he looked at Jisung who nodded and looked down at the watch on his wrist.

"Time is ticking. It won't be long until they get the rest of the security footage." He sighed.

"Good luck, Hyung."

/AAAAAA
sorry I've been taking so long to update guys, I'm gonna try updating as often as I can from now on :)