15

"Hyung, Hyung wake up." Jeongin mumbled as he gently shook Hyunjin who groaned and turned away. "Let me sleep for a few more minutes." He muttered in his pillow.

Sighing Jeongin pulled back the blankets and got off the bed. His whole body was sore, he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep all night. He was too busy worrying about everything, from his father to Minho.

In all honesty he was afraid of what would happen now.

It's not like they could keep running forever, eventually they would be found.

Stepping out into the hallway he padded into the kitchen freezing when a familiar voice hit his ears.

"Jisung said that they've looked at the surveillance. They know Hyunjin and Jeongin are here in Dae-gu. It's only a matter of time before Chan checks here." The voice is light, a bit scruffy but none the less he knows it's Minhos. He feels his heart sink a little, tears welling in his eyes as he just stands near the wall and listens.

"You think he will after all these years?" Seungmin scoffed, glaring at his coffee mug. Minho stayed quiet only nodding at understanding what the other meant. "I'm sorry, but we both know he's desperate to find Hyunjin, he'll leave no stone unturned that includes you too Seungmin." Minho says in a soft tone that has the other going silent.

He knows that's true. He is the first person that would come to mind, there aren't many other people who will shelter a prince and runaway guard. At the least though he really doesn't want to see Chan.

"And what about your brother?" Seungmin asked, the tension in the air thickening as Minho set down his drink and sighed.

"Jisung told you." He mutters more to himself than Seungmin. None the less the other snorts and leans further back into the couch. "Jisung tells me everything."

Minho nods and swallows thickly. "I've messed up, I've messed up and I'd do anything to apologize to Jeongin. I'm not—I'm not even mad I just want him to be okay. And I've failed, failed to be the older brother I'd promise I'd be and I couldn't even do that." Minho exclaimed as he ran his fingers through his hair, tears of frustration filling his eyes.

Jeongin felt his own eyes fill with tears at the words. He wanted to assure Minho that he wasn't a bad brother, that he understood why he reacted like that, but he could only stay frozen in place listening as the two continued to talk.

"Minho, you're not a bad brother." Seungmin said softly as he set down his glass and sighed. He could see the pain in the others eyes, and the guilt and regret. He's always known Minho carried burdens, even those that weren't his. Jisung has told him about Minho trying to keep Jeongin away from their father, trying to live up to his expectations to keep him from focusing on Jeongin. So his little brother could live happier, safer.

And to throw all of that aside, because of his fathers doing.

Well it must have felt like a slap to the face.

"I've stepped down from my position."

Seungmin choked, his eyes wide as he looked at Minho in disbelief.

"What?" He asked, not believing his own ears. He watched as Minho nodded and interlocked his fingers together. "I can't be the kings guard and Jeongins older brother. So I decided to step down, so I can start trying to be the brother I want Jeongin to have." He admitted.

"But to sacrifice everything? And your father—"

"I can't keep being afraid of him."

Jeongin felt himself freeze his breath caught in his throat at hearing that.