I Love Playin' With Fire

Author's Notes:

Steve's had a crush on Eddie since the moment Eddie threated him with a broken bottle.

OR

Steve and Eddie flirt in Family Video and end up sharing an intimae experience together in the breakroom as they try and stay quiet.

Rating: EXPLICT

Fire.

Fire is all Steve "The Hair" Harrington could feel when Eddie "The Freak" Munson would meet his gaze from across the video store the two were currently walking about in. Steve worked there, but Eddie was currently browsing the shelves for a movie with the boys' mutual friend, Dustin Henderson.

It wasn't always like this between the two, however. Sparks never ran through Steve's body when he would look at Eddie briefly in Hawkins High's hallways. To be fair, Steve didn't even know who the other guy was until he was graduated. Dustin ended up joining some D&D club when he became a freshman and that's when he started to mention Eddie Munson to Steve.

Steve was a little jealous over Eddie as his best friend continuously talked about the D&D nerd. Steve could never understand what was so cool about a grown man playing a nerdy middle school game. Eddie had to be a freak if this is what he did in his free time.

This whole demeanor changed however, as one could currently tell by Steve's cheeks turning cherry colored under the metalhead's eyes in the Family Video store, because Steve actually met Eddie face to face a few months ago for the first time. Steve never thought he'd get the chance to meet Dustin's new freaky friend, but Vecna, Hawkins very own serial killer, decided to change the two boys fates.

Eddie Munson, while attempting to sell drugs to Hawkins High's very own queen bee cheerleader, Chrissy Cunningham, ended up walking into her being brutally murdered by Vecna. The town, not knowing demons like Vecna exist, immediately thought Eddie was the culprit. Eddie ran from the people of Hawkins, causing Dustin to go looking for him with his friends, which included Steve. When the group found Eddie, through a major panic, Eddie slammed Steve into a wall and held up a broken bottle to the jock's neck as a way to try and keep himself safe, since he thought the group was there to harm him in vengeance for Chrissy.

Through Steve's surprise, he almost liked the sensation of Eddie pressed against him, threatening him with a sharp object. Steve was a little embarrassed about getting excited, but what was even more embarrassing was the fact that Eddie could feel the twitch in Steve's pants. Steve never knew Eddie felt it, but the metalhead did, causing him to actively seek out Steve in their time together in the Upside Down. Eddie wanted to know more about the golden boy of Hawkins, because clearly Steve had secrets.

As Steve and Eddie grew closer in the Upside Down together, Steve grew notice to how much Eddie truly awoke something within the jock. Steve always knew he liked boys, but he never thought he'd ever actively try to pursue one! He wanted to push that side of his sexuality down. He never wanted to have true feelings for someone of the same sex as him, but here Eddie Munson was, destroying every wall Steve tried to build.

It was little things at first for Steve. He first started to notice Eddie's rings while Eddie's fingers would curl through his hand motions as he explained something, not being able to look away from the slender fingers. Steve often wondered if the rings stayed on at all times with Eddie, no matter what he was doing... talking, eating, working out, showering, sleeping, or sleeping.

Steve also noticed Eddie's lips whenever the rocker would speak to him. Steve couldn't help but stare as Ed's plump pink lips smacked against each other while he babbles his forever nonsense. Steve sometimes felt that Eddie could be wearing lipstick at how vibrant they always seemed to look, but he never was. That was just his natural shade.