Chapter 18

The next day, we returned back to Seoul so that Alise and I pick up some souvenirs for Ann, and the guys could grab a few things that the other pack members had asked for. Apparently, there were certain things you could only get in South Korea and all the guys were taking advantage of our trip to stock up.

After we returned home, Rui met us at the door. She had just wanted to let us know that her loose ends were taken care of and we could head back anytime.

"Perfect! We will spend one more night and then leave tomorrow! I'll inform my parents. They will probably want to have a special dinner for us tonight."

"Already taken care of, Alpha." Rui nodded as she looked at him.

"I had figured you would want to head back as soon as you found out that I was ready, so I took the liberty of letting your parents know already. I hope you don't find me too presumptuous." Rui said and let her head fall.

"Not at all! It's like having another Kihyun around! I love the initiative, Rui!" Rui looked at me and mouthed Kihyun's name. I waved her away and said she'd met him eventually because he was Jooheon's Gamma back in the states. She nodded.

That night was filled with food, fun and festivities! The Alpha had hired a traditional dancing group to entertain us after we had eaten the sumptuous meal that the Luna had arranged for us. It was all so perfect. Before we were ready to head to our rooms, Shownu's parents had pulled him aside. I was trying to see what was going on but Alise was talking to me nonstop. Finally, all three of them approached us and his mom held her arms open wide for me to hug her goodbye.

"I know you will take care of my son, I have nothing to worry about. You each hold each other's hearts and that makes me very happy." She said as her eyes became misty. I took a cloth from my pocket and dabbed the wetness from under her eyes. She took my hands in hers, kissing them softly. Then his dad pulled me close and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. It made me blush.

"I promise, we will come back soon and visit again. There is so much more of your beautiful country that I want to see." I said smiling at them before Shownu and I headed to our room.

The next day, Shownu and I were once again ready and waiting for the other two to finish packing and getting all their shit together to head to the airport. This time, we were joined by Rui who just looked at us both confused.

"Are they always like this?" She had asked.

"Unfortunately." Shownu and I had answered at the same time. We chuckled at each other. I shook my head as I heard something loud fall and Jooheon curse.

"They will never learn" The three of us headed out to the car to make sure everything was being packed. Finally, Jooheon and Alise came out. Alise got into the car and laughed, nervously.

"For a minute there,  we thought you had left us." She smiled.

"For a minute there, we almost did." I joked back watching her smile fall which just made me laugh more. Jooheon was the last one to climb in and then we were off to the airport. Finally on our way back home.

It had been an amazing visit and I was so happy that everything had gone well with his family. Honestly, looking back on it, I didn't know why I had been so worried. But then again, worrying is what I was good at. We climbed the stairs and got settled into our seats on the jet. Shownu had been kinda quiet the whole way to the airport. Like he had something on his mind. When we had taken off and were able to move around the plane, he had pulled Jooheon aside and they were speaking in Korean again.

Alise, Rui and I were all standing together talking and watching what the guys were up to.

"You know, it's never a good sign when either of them starts speaking Korean." I joked and Rui just giggled and patted my arm.

"Don't worry, this is definitely a good thing." She smiled, put in her earbuds and walked away before I could question her.

Shownu finally came back to his seat after awhile. I had been reading a book I had picked up as a souvenir. He had a small, ornate box in his hand and he held it out to me.

"What's this?" I asked him. His smiling eyes looking back at me.

"It's a gift from my mother to my destined mate. She bought it several years ago. Open it." Inside the box was a beautiful green jade and opal ring. I gasped because it was absolutely stunning. Shownu reached into the box to take it out and placed it on my ring finger.

"I love you, my beautiful beta."

"I love you, too, my handsome mate."

I could tell that this ring, held the promise of the beginning to a wonderful forever together.

A/N: Please be on the lookout for Ann's story which is currently in the works. I will also be doing a story for Rui, Hyungwon and Changkyun to finish up this series. I hope that you enjoy them when they at done! 😁