I. | ONE

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

"What are you talking about?" Y/n shook her head. "This is the umbrella academy."

"Wrong again. This is the sparrow academy."

A bunch footsteps marched on the wrap around balcony on the second floor. Six total figures and a cube stood in front of the window.

The red head on the end of the line was someone Y/n knew too well.

Diego pulled a knife out and Y/n ripped her eyes away from Anne, who she thought she had already said goodbye to as someone approached them.

"Dad," Ben started, a scar on the right side of his face, "Who the hell are these assholes?"

"Shit." The group groaned.

"... Ben."

Luther was the first to step forward as Y/n winced. The lights were suddenly far too bright, yet she forced herself to stay alert. Anne was gazing down at her with excitement bubbling in her eyes. She looked the exact same as before Y/n had left. Anne hadn't aged or done any other altering changes to the point where Eight wondered if she was real or a figment of her imagination.

"Ben," Luther started, stood in front of him, "Is that really you?"

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego shouted as Y/n finally surveyed the rest of them, the volume of his voice booming in her head.

"They are the Sparrows." Reginald answered, "My children."

"Downgrades." Y/n scoffed as one with a melted face glowered at her.

"I'm sorry." Five shook his head, "What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."

"Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"

Klaus sighed, turning back to the group as they went down to the first floor, "Everybody else can see Ben, right?"

"Cute hat, Sundance." He smiled vaguely with a menacing tone.

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas." Reginald straightened himself, "Be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

Allison walked forward, "Claim?" She pivoted to face Five, "Look, Five, what the hell is going on?"

"I don't know yet, but it's concerning."

"Is he telling the truth?" One of the Sparrows inquired, gesturing to Reginald.

"Not the part about us being perfidious." Vanya shrugged.

"No," Klaus added on, "We're amateur-fidious, at best."

"But we are his children." She nodded, "This is our house."

"Yeah, yeah." Luther agreed, "We, uh... grew up here."

"Yeah, we grew up here." The with a melted face mocked him.

"I kind of think we would have noticed you." Another Sparrow spoke.

Luther paused, sizing her up and down, "Hi." He smiled, "I'm Luther."