V. | FIVE

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

"You should be good to go." Y/n pursed her lips awkwardly after tending to Anne's cut in the bathrooms.

"Go where exactly?"

Y/n paused while throwing the items away, "I'm not keeping you hostage. I think we're keeping Sloane here for a bit, but I don't know. I haven't had the chance to talk with my family."

"Well, why would I go back when I could just stay—"

"No, no, Anne." Eight stopped her, "I ended this. Permanently, okay? Twice, actually. In the 60's and literally a day ago."

"Wow, way to rip off the bandaid." She mumbled.

She sighed, "It's not like that. I just thought I wouldn't really have to see you again."

"But I'm here now." She shrugged, "Where's that boy you told me about in the 60's? Five? He doesn't seem to be around."

Eight laughed awkwardly, a bit taken back, "He's off doing stuff to save the world."

"Sounds like he always is, Y/n. Aren't you tired of running around to clean up his messes?"

"He didn't cause this paradox."

"Isn't he the one that trapped you in the 60's?"

"He saved our lives!"

"Did he?" She didn't let her respond as she walked closer, "Really think, Y/n. You're alive, sure, but are you living your life?"

She placed two fingers on her chest, shoving her back, "I think you should leave."

"I—"

"Just leave." Eight stopped her, "We could've left things civilly, but if you want to be like this, fine, but I'm not gonna feed into your shit."

The redhead scoffed and stormed out from the bathrooms, the door clambering shut behind her. Y/n sighed, running a hand over her face and taking a few deep breaths to leave the bathroom until Luther barged in.

"Sloane?" He glanced around, seeing Y/n leaned against the sink, "Y/n? We've been looking for you—"

He paused as he lifted in the air, Sloane behind him using her abilities on him. He slowly turned in the air to face her as she held onto one of her wounds.

"Sloane... what are you doing?"

"Did you set me up?"

"No, I would never do that."

She paused, keeping him in the air until Y/n shot an icicle past her face. It just barely grazed her nose and startled her enough to drop Luther as Diego came up behind her. He pressed a knife to her throat as Luther caught his breath.

"You good?" Diego inquired, receiving a firm nod from him. "Good, let's go."

"Diego, it's okay. You can let her go now."

"What? Are you kidding me?"

"I said let her go. She's hurt."