VII. | SEVEN

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Y/n and Five had moved over to the bar while waiting for Viktor and Harlan. They hadn't grabbed any drinks or food, they just sat talking with Luther and Klaus about whatever topic sprung to mind.

Luther suddenly got up from a few chairs down from them, calling out to Viktor as he rushed by with his head down low.

"Hey," Five stopped him, "It's time. Where's Harlan?"

Viktor gave them a sorry look, "He's gone."

"You let him go, didn't you?" Y/n inquired while approaching.

"Harlan's death is not gonna stop the Kugelblitz." He defended himself as the group sighed, "It's just gonna be another tragedy on a tragedy, and we can find another... I will find another way."

"Well, congratulations, Viktor." Luther laughed bitterly, "You managed to destroy everything. Again."

"I really thought you were smarter than that." Five muttered once Luther had walked off.

Viktor glanced between the three before leaving with his head down low still.

"Well," Klaus sighed while hopping off the bar, "That went great."

Y/n scoffed and went behind the bar as Klaus and Five took a seat. She pour them each a small glass, including herself.

"I saw my future self die." Five sighed while taking the glass from Y/n.

Klaus gasped while taking his, "That's crazy. Almost the exact same thing happened to me. But I didn't die, but I did, but..."

"He told me not to save the world. And then he died." Five paused in thought, "What do you think he meant by that?"

"Shouldn't you know?" Klaus tilted his head a smidge.

"Well, shouldn't you know about your— Okay." Five sighed, pursing his lips as they all clanked their shot glasses together in a cheers.

"I've dedicated my entire life to stopping the apocalypse." Five shrugged and corrected himself, "Apocalypses, plural. And he tells me... that it's, what? It's meaningless?"

"Oh, well, I don't know anything..."

"Me neither..." Y/n agreed while refilling their glasses.

"Maybe that's his way of saying not to become him, but..."

"Oh, you're really messed up about this, huh?" Klaus inquired while leaning a bit closer.

Five sighed, "I've cheated time so much, I guess I just figured I'd somehow cheat death. But it turns out, I did a one-armed nightmare inside a bureaucratic hellscape of my own design."

"Spoiler alert!" Klaus laughed awkwardly, giving Y/n a glance.

"Not to mention the trashy tattoo." Five reached into his jacket pocket, a piece of skin with a tattoo on it flapping onto the bar. "I'll be damned if I go out with an old man tramp stamp."

"If you don't want to end up like that, why don't you just do something completely different?" Y/n shrugged, "Simple as that."

"Yeah, I could. The timelines malleable. We've proven that much. I could try and break the cycle, but—"