VIII. | EIGHT

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

"It was a kamikaze mission." Pogo explained as Five and Y/n listened intently, his hand resting on her knee. Pogo continued, "He was preparing the Sparrow children with the expectation they might never return. That's why I gave the children those pills, to keep them safe from him."

"Well, Klaus just got him sober, so go figure." Five muttered, taking a sip of the drink Pogo had given him.

"Then Project Oblivion is starting again," Pogo pointed at them both, "And you are all in danger."

"Wonderful." Y/n mumbled, stealing Fives glass and taking a sip.

"Well, I should probably get that ink. Complete the loop."

"Are you sure?" He inquired.

Five stood up from the booth, leaving the spot on Y/n's knee cold compared to the sunlight filtering her. He slipped the buttons from his blazer off, handing it to Y/n who was still basked in the rays of sun slipping through the pane of glass.

"I don't think destiny cares whether I am or not." He shrugged and moved to the cushioned seats in the back.

Y/n took the seat next to him as he unfastened his tie, his blazer long forgotten in the booths seat.

"Well then, let's get started." Pogo shrugged.

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The next day Y/n and Five where stood in one of the hotel rooms. There was pastel pink paint coating the walls, a fluffed white rug and a few matching chairs. A chandelier dangled over head and there was a bed off in a back room that Diego was inspecting. Y/n was staring at a white buffalo head mounted on the wall, attempting to decipher if it was real or not considering the spear gun laying underneath it. Five was checking out the paintings that Diego had called him and Y/n into the room for.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lila shouted to Diego while storming into the room, "Stanley is gone! We need to face this!"

"Just check the chimney!" Diego shouted back while lifting the mattress up.

"He's not in the bloody chimney! He's been Kugelblitzed!"

"And whose fault is that? You're the one that brought him here!"

"Congratulations. You're both mildly terrible parents." Five chimed into their argument, "Can we focus? How did this thing open before?"

"I don't know. It was already kinda open." Diego shrugged while rushing around the room to check under more furniture.

"Already kinda open." Y/n repeated while pivoting around, "Should've been an engineer, Diego. Lost opportunity."

"Why do you two wanna go in there anyway?" Lila inquired, "It's just sushi and death."

"When we met future me in the Commission bunker, I warned myself about Oblivion. Pogo told Y/n and I—"

"Wait, woah, woah!" Diego stopped him, "Pogo's alive?"

"Completely different Pogo, but yeah. He's in a biker gang as of now." Y/n shrugged, running her hand along one of the paintings frames.