XVI. | SIXTEEN

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The elevator chimed after an awkward ride down with everyone stuffed in. The door slid back and everyone was quick to rush out, albeit quietly.

"It's magnificent." Reginald looked around in awe while going down the steps.

"You guys should've stayed here." Ben glanced around, speaking to Diego and Lila, "This place is way nicer."

"Lila and I barely got out alive last time. Remember?"

"Yeah, but I'm here this time, and the numbers are in our favor."

"Well, whatever it was," Lila began to inform the group, "It was strong, fast, and super pissed."

"Alright, so, whatever you do," Diego pointed at the receptionist desk, "Do not ring this bell. Unless you wanna lose a finger or a tentacle."

Sloane reached to ring it, "I'll take my chances—"

"Don't!"

"Get out of my way."

Lila sighed, not backing down, "To take this thing out, we need to be in the right state of mind."

"State of mind?" She scoffed, her voice breaking while trying not to cry, "Do you mean, am I angry? Yes, I am angry. I wanna kill whatever it is that hurt Luther."

"Luther isn't the only one that's gone." Viktor reminded her as Five tried walking off to the revolving doors, "We lost Klaus too. I'm angry, okay? We all are. We have to be smart about this."

"Don't even try it, Five." Diego called out to him, "Doors won't let you out."

"So, what, we're stuck here?" Allison sighed.

"This place is a test and a trap and a means of salvation, all at once." Reginald told them.

Viktor ignored him for the most part, nodding to the sign written in Japanese, "Does anyone know what that sign says?"

"Yeah, it says "Do not ring the bell"." Diego paused, "That's what that means."

"Okay, we get it, Diego." Y/n nodded, arms crossed over her chest, "Bell bad. What do we do? Does anybody know?"

"Reggie?" Allison called out to him as he was stood in the middle of the lobby, flipping through the pages of his notebook.

"I'm hungry." Lila announced after he didn't answer, "Does anyone fancy an unagi roll?"

"How can you possibly eat at a time like this?" Ben inquired as she walked by."

"I don't know." She scoffed while turning to face him, "How can you be a dick at a time like this?"

"Hey," Diego broke it up, "Back off, all right? She's eating for—"

"Strength." Lila interrupted, "In these trying times. Diego, can you come with me for a second?" She pulled him off to the sushi bar without giving him time to answer.

The group split off from there, wandering off to different parts of the lobby and not going much farther. Y/n and Five took a seat in some chairs and he sighed, raking a hand through his hair.