seventeen.

"Do you have everything that you need? Your passport? All important documents? Your visa? Your research papers?" Minho could only chuckle seeing his mom panicking over his things as she usually did whenever they're going abroad. She's the one that did a double check of all Minho's baggage to the point his dad needed to hold her hands, telling her how everything was already in their own places.

"Eomma, look at me." Minho held a pouch bag in his left hand and pointed it to his mom. The bag that had everything that his mom asked him just now, literally everything is inside that small bag. "My passport. My visa. My documents. My everything. They are here." Minho took them out one by one and showed it to his mom.

"You're teasing me." his mom pouted and Minho chortled a giggle out.

"You don't have to worry too much, okay? I got everything with me. I am your big boy, remember?" Minho then gave his mom a reassuring smile before his mom pulled him into an almost suffocating hug after he finished. Minho just let her.

"Don't forget your meal. You always work overtime and don't have a proper rest. Don't hole up in your study for too long. Take a break in between. Don't forget to call me." and there goes another series of 'don't forget' coming from his mom and Minho could just nod repeatedly as he hugged his mom tightly.

When Minho turned to his dad, the older man just gave him a proud smile before he opened his arms and let Minho in. "I guess I don't have anything left to say. Your eomma already did it."

Minho let himself melt into his dad's warm hug for a few more minutes before he looked at his little brother, who already had tears brimming in his eyes. Minho gave him a teasing smile before he ruffled Jeongin's fluffy hair and pulled the younger one into his arms.

"Aigoo, you were the one who told me that you're not a kid anymore. Who do we have here, hm? Still crying in my arms like a baby?" Minho cooed and Jeongin just lightly punched his older brother's shoulder but still hugged him tightly. And leaving his snots over Minho's shoulder.

"Just shut up, hyung. Don't forget about your promise to me." Jeongin wiped all his tears away messily with the back of his hand and Minho laughed at his little brother's current state. Red and puffy eyes.

"I won't. Full set of whatever limited legos they are, I'll get them for you. Just stop crying, you look uglier than you already are." Minho pinched his brother's cheeks for one last time before an announcement for his flight was heard and he needed to go.

After he said the last goodbye for his family, Minho walked towards the departure gate. He's going to miss all of them for sure. He kept telling himself, everything happens for a reason and he's not going to leave forever.

But for now, he couldn't even look back or else he's going to join Jeongin, drowning in his own tears while walking into the flight.

Minho had around an hour left before his flight's departure. He decided to lurk around, finding a coffee shop and ordering his last cup of Korean coffee before leaving the country. Dramatic much, but he's sure the American coffee wouldn't be the same as what he always had here.

He checked his phone while waiting for his order to see a few texts coming from Changbin, Jungwoo, and a few of his professors. Most of them are wishing him luck for a new place and job. Changbin couldn't come and send him away since he got his viva today. Same goes for Jungwoo.

Minho still remembered what Changbin told him on that day he visited Minho's place. About Seungmin.

"Hyung, why are you hurting yourself so much? Can't you just let the feelings go to its place? Go to its owner?" Changbin asked right after Jeongin excused himself to go to sleep since it's already too late for the youngest to stay awake. Changbin just– being Changbin. He looked into Minho's face and chugged the coke down his throat.