extra: my forever cherry 3.14159... (pt. 2)

a/n: this...was supposed to be short. but I couldn't stop writing...again, do take your time hehe (this is so fawking long, idek what I wrote anymore)

——

Seungmin never wanted to turn back time as much as he wanted to right now. He wished he didn't open that door when he heard Changbin's voice outside. Only to welcome the person that he wanted to see the least. To see that face. To hear that voice. Seungmin wasn't ready. At all.

"Kim Seungmin?! What are you doing there?" Seungmin could feel the blood leaving his body when that familiar voice welcomed his eardrum.

From feeling excited to welcome his Binnie hyung back from campus, it turned into a horror movie that he wished that he never watched. His feet felt cold, but his hands felt clammy after his eyes met a pair of annoyingly warm eyes.

He slowly turned his head towards the face that he, supposedly, longed for. The person that he, supposedly, wanted to hug first thing after he arrived at Boston Airport. The person that, supposedly, was the reason for his excitement over a month ago as he was planning his trip here.

But it turned into a whole nightmare.

"Seungmin-ah—" Minho called for him but Seungmin quickly stepped back into Changbin's doorway and hid his appearance behind Changbin's door.

"Don't come any closer!" Seungmin's voice was trembling as he was silently trying to gasp for air.

He did not plan to break down that fast for any possibility that he would meet Minho at the time around. But it seemed like he's underestimating himself. He's still hurt. By a lot. His fingers clutched hard over the hem of the lilac hoodie he was wearing to stop the shaking and hold himself from getting the tears out.

"Don't...Just don't. I don't want to see you." and there was a brief silence before he could hear Minho's steps getting closer to the door.

"But Seungmin-ah—" Seungmin could hear someone was struggling and he took it as Changbin was keeping Minho from entering his house.

"Hyung, please give Seungminnie some time and space, okay?" Changbin's voice wasn't as mad as he had this morning when Seungmin told him about last night. It appeared a lot calmer, but rigid.

There were no more sounds of push or pull from outside, and Minho's voice wasn't heard anymore. Seungmin let his whole body slip down to the floor once again. He could feel his phone, for the nth time that day, vibrating in his hands. Noticing him for yet another new text that just came in.

[1947 new messages]

Minho hyung 🐰🤍

[549 missed calls]

Minho hyung 🐰🤍

[147 unheard voice messages]

Minho hyung 🐰🤍

There's still a bunch of Minho's messages filling up his inbox and Seungmin doesn't even have a heart to clear them. And there's another one coming in, he guessed. He couldn't be bothered anymore. What more does he want anyway?

Seungmin tried to calm himself down as he pulled his knees closer to his chest, doing the same exact thing he did last night. Curling into a ball as he took a deep breath.

Moments later, Seungmin could feel a pair of gentle hands softly patting his shoulder.

"Hey, Seungminnie. Can you get up? Or do you want hyung to help you?" Changbin's worried voice welcomed him again and that made Seungmin look up. His gaze found Changbin's concerned eyes.