𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

The drive home was silent but awkward. My mom parked in the driveway and I grab my bag next to me and hop out of the car.

"Spencer, don't go up to your room. Come to the kitchen, we need to talk." My mom says shutting the car door and Sam looks at me.

"Right." I smile awkwardly and walk into the house, I go to the kitchen and sit at the kitchen table.

My mom and Sam come in after me and sit at the table too.

"Spencer, you said you were staying with your girlfriend after your accident. Which we find out you were staying with your teacher but supposedly you guilt tripped her into letting you to stay at her house. Maddie then says your sleeping with her. I saw the way you looked at her Spencer. Are you dating your teacher?" My mom says playing with her fingers, her hands were shaking. Sam sat next to her looking at me, she raised an eyebrow and I let out a breath a sit up straight.

"...Yes, I am but-"

"Spencer god sake. Do you know how much trouble you could get in?"

"Mom I know, she could get in trouble too you know. I love her mom, she's amazing. Let me invite her over for dinner please you'll see after talking to her for two minutes how amazing she is."

She looks at me for a minute then to Sam and Sam nods.

"Fine tomorrow evening. Be careful for the love of god Spencer please." My mom says and I smile.

"Yes! Your gonna love her, I'll text her now."

"How old is she?" Sam asks.

"She's only twenty five, it's not even that bad. I'm turning nineteen next week." I pull out my phone.

"I'm going to go to my room and call her." I say and my mom nods. I run up the stairs to my room and close the door.

I click in to my contacts and ring her.

"Hello?" She says.

"Julie, it's Spencer."

"Oh hi, why are you ringing me and not doing your homework?"

"Because I'm suspended tomorrow and then it's the weekend and my teachers won't remember to check my homework." I laugh and lay down on my bed with the phone to my ear staring at the ceiling.

"Well except for one teacher."

"Oh shush you know you will pretend to forget either way. Anyway, my mom kind of knows about us."

"Shoot really? Is she mad?"

"No not really, more worried then anything but she wants you to come over for dinner tomorrow." I say and there was a silence.

"Spencer. Is she going to murder me because I'd like a heads up."

"No...at least I don't think, she's going to love you."

"Right well, text me the time. I have to go correct some tests and eat some pizza. I'll text you later." She says.

"Okay, see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too." I hang up and sit up on my bed smiling.

I get off my bed and go over to my closet picking out some pyjamas and go in to the bathroom and go for a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning and yawn and stretch my arms. I only slept in a oversized shirt and shorts and its freezing now.

I slip on my slippers and walk down stairs and go to the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out the orange juice.

I grab a glass from the cabinet and pour myself a glass of orange juice, I put the orange juice back in the fridge and bring my orange juice back up to my room.

I put my glass down on my bedside table, I grab my bag from the floor and put it on my bed.

I slip in to my bed under my blanket, I get my laptop out of my bag and turn it on.

I go onto Netflix and scroll through it finding something to watch. I start watching modern family and check my messages in my phone.

Zara: Hey I heard about what happened yesterday, are you okay?

Spencer: yeah I'm fine, thank you for checking Zara x

I check my messages from Juliet.

Juliet: Morning beautiful x😘

Spencer: Wow, I've never got a text good morning from you before. Are you feeling okay? Do you need to skip work and come over to my house and keep my warm on this cold morning??

Juliet: Don't tempt me 😫Class is starting, talk later

Spencer: ughhhh

I turn off my phone and start watching modern family for a while.