𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

[What would you guys think of a second book? It will be of the future, meaning a few years later.]

We get out of the shower and wrap ourselves up in our towels. We go out to my room to change back into our pyjamas.

"Spencer-" my mom knocks on the door but I cut her off.

"Don't come in we're naked!" I shout and Juliet snorts.

"Spencer!" My mom shouts.

"Shower! I went for a shower mom!" I shout back slapping myself in the face.

"Right well change, I ordered some pizza it's on the way." She says and I hear her walk away.

"God that was embarrassing." I huff.

"Yeah, I agree." Juliet laughs and I look at her and she purses her lips trying not to smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while later after we got dressed and had pizza we went back up to my room to watch another movie.

We eventually fell asleep after watching a movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-A few weeks later-

It was only one week till Christmas break and everything was going good. School was going fine, I start hanging out with Zara and her friends a lot more. I am probably closest with Sage out of the friend group, she's really nice actually. She's very quiet at first but she's really talkative when you get to know her.

I haven't been bothered by Maddie since the day she got suspended, she's back at school now and I haven't talked to Gabriel either. Camila has tried talking to me but I just acted odd with her.

I will admit it's strange still not talking to Camila and Gabriel, we used to talk everyday and we used to be inseparable.

Me and Juliet are doing great,we are always together outside of school as much as we can be. It's a bit weird in school tho, she'd occasionally give me a smile in class or I'd go to her classroom during lunch to talk.

Of course we couldn't go out in public in case someone saw us. I can't wait till graduation because we can finally go out together then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to my locker before lunch to put my books away. I close my locker and Gabriel was standing there looking down at his jumper and playing with the end of it.

"Do you need something?" I ask him.

"Oh hi, no I just want to say sorry. I was a real dick the last month or so. I realised that Maddie really is fake, I thought she was nice but she really isn't and I'm sorry for the way I was acting towards you."

"Yeah you were a dick Gab, look I'm sorry but I can't be friends with you again. You told Maddie about me and Juliet she could have gotten in so much trouble Gabriel. She could have lost her job, it'd ruin her whole life and I could have gotten expelled. I can tell you are sorry but I just can't, we could never have the same friendship we did before. I think it's better if we both go our separate ways, it was really nice while it lasted and im so grateful for you being there for most of it. Thank you Gabriel and I wish you the best, I really do. Try be a better friend to your next friends, don't leave them without an explanation like you did to me. I was really struggling Gabriel, you and Camila were the only people that were like family to me. My life's finally getting back to normal now, I hope you get into a good college and get a job you enjoy." I smile at him and he nods.

"Why can't we be friends again tho? We can't start over and-"

"Gabriel. It'll never last, when I look at you I see a person from my past. I'm not trying to be rude but you don't fit into my future. I'm trying, I really am trying to get my life straight and make everything work but you coming back in to my life when you feel like it... It doesn't fit and it is just going to go downhill. Again thank you for everything." I say and walk past him and go outside.

I see sage sitting at a bench by herself eating her lunch. I go over and sit beside her.

"Where's Zara and the others?" I ask her.

"They signed up for some Christmas thing, it's only us for the rest of the week." She says.

"Oh, Sage can I ask you something?"

"Yeah of course."

"What do you want to do after school? Like after college what are you going to do?"

"Well I want to become a kindergarten teacher, what about you?"

"A lawyer has always been my dream job but I don't think that will happen."

"It will Spencer, I believe in you. You just need to believe in yourself and I bet it'll happen."

"Thanks sage." I smile at her and she smiles back.