𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

I fall asleep watching modern family and wake up when my mom and sister come home.

I rub my eyes with the back of my hand and walk down stairs to the kitchen where my mom and Sam are putting away groceries.

"Your still in your pyjamas?" My mom says.

"Yes mom, I'll go change now. What time will I tell Juliet to come over." I ask.

"Six."

I put my two thumbs up and go back up to my room. I text Juliet saying she could come over at six. It was only five so I had an hour to get ready.

I pick out a long sleeve white shirt and a tight red dress to go over it. I put on my converse and go to the bathroom and curl my hair.

I grab my phone from the bed and walk down the stairs. The door bell rings.

"I got it." I shout to my mom in the kitchen.

I walk over to the door and open it, it was Juliet and she was wearing a white shirt tucked into her blue jeans and she was wearing a leather jacket. She was holding a plate of cookies wrapped in her hand.

"Hello. You look beautiful." I say to her and she smiles and I kiss her.

"You look gorgeous. I made chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry I made them with the chocolate chips you like." I smile at her and take her hand bringing her to the kitchen.

My mom looks over while taking the lasagna out of the oven. She puts it down on top of the oven.

"Mom this is Juliet, Juliet this is my mom." I smile awkwardly and my mom takes off the oven mitts.

"I have a name Spencer, hello Juliet I'm Sloane." She smiles at Juliet and shakes her hand.

"It's nice to meet you." Juliet says.

We go over and sit at the table while my mom sorts out the food.

"This is my sister Samantha but everyone calls her sam."

"Nice to meet you." Juliet puts her hand out to shake but Samantha shakes her head.

I kick Samantha's legs under the table and she shrugs, Juliet drops her hand and smiles awkwardly.

My mom brings the food over and we start eating.

"Juliet, where are you from?" My mom asks.

"I was actually born in London but moved to New York when I was five and I just moved here in February."

"That's nice." My mom looks to me and I smile.

"So, do you like being a teacher?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, I've always wanted to be one. It has its ups and downs sometimes but it's mostly fine."

"Are you not worried about your job with you and Spencer's relationship?" Sam asks and I look to her, it feels like we're doing a q and a or something.

"Of course I worry about it, I'm more worried about Spencer tho. I don't want her to get in trouble or expelled."

"Well that didn't stop you from getting with her, did it?" My mom looks to her and drops her fork on the plate and starts standing up but stops when Juliet stands up.

"Look I get it, you are worried about Spencer too. I wouldn't do anything to affect Spencer's education really, i care about your daughter so much. It's okay if you want to hate me really, just because I'm her teacher doesn't mean I'm not human and that I can't have feelings. I feel strong things for your daughter and I love her. I didn't expect to have a relationship like i do with her, it was unexpected but it's real, she's amazing and I'm sure you already know that." Juliet says.

The room goes silent and I look to my mom. My mom looks at me and then back to Juliet and smiles at her.

"You love her?" My mom asks her.

"Yes of course I do, I'm sorry this is so awkward and weird. I'll leave, thank you for the dinner it was delicious." She smiles and picks up her bag.

"Don't leave Juliet, I'm sorry. It's just...strange this whole situation.I shouldn't be rude tho." My mom says.

"I know and I'm truly sorry about that. I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about her." Juliet sits back down and I smile at her and she smiles back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finish dinner, things got a lot less awkward and my mom laughed at Juliet's stories and jokes. Sam didn't real talk much during dinner tho.

"Can Juliet stay awhile, i need some help with my English homework and you wouldn't understand it Mom."

"Fine, keep the door open Spencer."

I smile to Juliet and we clean up our plates and I bring her up to my room, closing the door.