( six ) like, he literally called me mack.

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁:"𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎, 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚔

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁:
"𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎, 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢
𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚔."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

MACKENZIE SAT OUTSIDE of Ms. Kelly's house in Steve's car with Steve and Dustin. Max had gone inside to get information about Chrissy, her being sent inside because she was also one of the students that went to go see Ms. Kelly.

She watched as Max glanced back at the car before following Ms. Kelly into her house and sighed once the door shut. There had been a dull throbbing in her head ever since she heard the news that Chrissy died, and it had gotten slightly worse ever since finding out new information about the Upside Down and Fred. She rubbed her eyes tiredly and tried to force herself to stay awake.

"Okay, she's in," Steve announced.

"I'm missing collarbones, not eyes," Dustin commented. The car went silent for a moment. "So, we gonna talk about . . . it?"

"Huh? Sorry, talk about what?"

"Your temporary insanity earlier today when you basically threw yourself at Nance?"

Mackenzie slightly giggled in the back seat. Steve turned around and glared at her, making her stop, but there was still a smile on her face.

"Okay, first of all, that's not what happened, okay?" Steve insisted.

"Pretty sure that's what happened," Dustin replied. "It was pretty public. There were, like, a lot of witnesses."

Mackenzie leaned forwards in her seat. "I'm one of them. Can confirm that's what happened."

Steve stared at Dustin. "Are — are you implying I still have a thing for Nance?"

"No, I'm not implying, I'm stating," Dustin responded. "And, as it relates to your steadfast refusal to date Robin, it's pretty much the only logical explanation."

"That's not the only one. And as for Nance, I was just trying to protect a friend."

Mackenzie raised her eyebrows. "Uh-huh."

Steve glared at her. "A friend, Kenzie. Okay? I don't wanna find her in the morning with her eyes sucked out of the front of her skull by this Vecna creep."