( eleven ) nancy won't wake up with music that has people screaming in it!

╔═════   ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷:"𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚝!"

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷:
"𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑
𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎
𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚝!"

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

IN ORDER TO keep communicating with Steve, Nancy, Robin, and Eddie in the Upside Down, they needed something with a lot of light. They had coordinated with the older ones in the Upside Down (the parallel dimension could still hear the real world, it was just very echoey) that they would get something to communicate with them upstairs. This thing obviously had to be portable and provide a lot of light in a small space.

And there was only one thing that could get the job done.

Holly's Lite-Brite.

The younger girl had always taken a liking to Mackenzie, considering she treated her like a little sister just like she treated Megan. Mackenzie would also sometimes watch Holly here and there. The two of them had formed a small bond, which is why Mackenzie knew that Holly wouldn't be too upset if she was the one taking her Lite-Brite rather than anyone else.

Mackenzie, Lucas, Dustin, and Erica crept into the living room, out of the eyes of the cops. Holly was laying on her stomach, putting the pegs in the shape of a bunny. Mackenzie looked over at Lucas and nodded. He walked into the living room, kneeled on the couch, and unplugged Holly's Lite-Brite from the outlet in the wall.

"Hey!" Holly protested.

Dustin then ran in and grabbed the box of all the colorful pegs, both him and Lucas letting out multiple rows of sorry's as they left.

Mackenzie leaned down and took Holly's Lite-Brite in her hand. "We have to borrow this, Holly. We'll give it back to you really soon, okay?"

Holly blinked at her. "Promise?"

She gave the younger girl a small smile. "Promise."

Erica then ran in, shoving a package of Skittles into Holly's hand. "For your understanding."

The four of them then ran back up the stairs. They went into Nancy's room, where they coordinated with the older ones to meet. Mackenzie set down Holly's Lite-Brite on Nancy's bed and kneeled in front of it, Dustin, Lucas, and Erica doing so as well.