( fourteen ) I'm right here, it's okay.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:"𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷:
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

THEIR PLAN WAS made.

Mackenzie, Max, Lucas, Megan, and Erica were going to the Creel house. They would be taking lanterns with them to find wherever he was in the house. When they finally found him, Max was going to allow Vecna to take her but would remember a certain happy memory to keep herself alive. Mackenzie and Lucas were going to stay with Max upstairs while Megan and Erica would communicate with them and those in the Upside Down with flashlights to signal that the next part of the plan could commence.

Meanwhile, Steve, Nancy, Robin, Dustin, and Eddie were going into the Upside Down through the Gate at Eddie's trailer. They had all of the weapons that they had made. Steve, Nancy, and Robin would be going to the Upside Down Creel house to find his resting state while he was attempting to take Max. There, they would be shooting him, throwing fire at him, and hopefully punching him for Mackenzie. Whatever it took to kill him. To draw away the Demo-bats, Eddie would play a song on his guitar, and him and Dustin would get out of the Upside Down before the Demo-bats could attack them.

It all sounded so easy. But Mackenzie knew that if one thing fucked them up, the whole plan would fall apart.

The car ride was tense and nobody was talking. All of them sat in the camper as Steve drove, wearing their gear and holding their weapons. Mackenzie stared blankly ahead through the front windshield, the setting sun sending a fiery golden glow into the camper. She usually loved sunsets. But this sunset was the last one before war. Mackenzie knew that with horrible clarity.

Finally, Steve pulled up in front of the Creel house. Mackenzie stood up and immediately approached Dustin. He looked up at her.

Mackenzie took his chin in her hand gently. "Be careful, okay? We almost lost one of us in the Upside Down. I don't want a repeat."

Dustin nodded. "Okay. Love you."

Mackenzie gave him a small smile. "Love you more, Dustin."

She gave a small wave to Eddie, a pat on the head to Robin, ruffled Steve's hair, and squeezed Nancy's shoulder before climbing out of the camper. Mackenzie held her lantern in her hand as she climbed the steps, staring up at the house in front of her. The same familiar shiver went down her spine.