06 | bad ass

"This is my game and you better come to play" - Confident by Demi Lovato

Confident by Demi Lovato

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— "FIRST DAY ON THE job, you nervous?" Isabella asked James in a teasing tone as they walked into the ministry building. "Course not, what kind of body guard would I be if I were nervous?" He questioned in the same tone making her snicker. "You're some man James Potter" She sighed with a shake of her head.

As they walked through the large hall Isabella greeted a few of her colleagues with a bright smile and wish for them to have a good day. Eventually on their stroll to her office they had met Paul, her assistant. "Ah there's my favourite glamorous assistant!" She exclaimed making Paul strike a pose. "At your service ma'am" he said with a grin on his face.

"What's on the to do list today my dear friend?" She asked in a posh voice. "Well, it's quite a quiet day today you'll be glad to know" Paul began as he looked down at the clipboard that seemed to be always permanently glued to his hand. "Okay, first things first, we need to take a trip down to the aurors department"

"Why?" She questioned as she followed Paul to wherever he was leading them. "Because you're going to do some things with the people at the auror training area, there will be reporters there so here's hoping this might make them like you more" Paul said making her smile falter a little. "Or they'll say I'm trying too hard" She added making James scoff.

"Who care what they think, just be yourself and if they don't like it then they're the idiots" he told her making her smile slowly make its way back into her face. "Thank James" She nodded before they walked into the aurors department where she was met with the familiar face of Sirius Black. She practically felt like she knew the man given all the stories Harry had told her, she now also knew that the utter other man she'd met, Remus Lupin, was his partner.

"Fancy seeing you here" Sirius said as he greeted Isabella and James. "Since when did you do auror training?" James asked his friend. "Since I knew that you two would be coming down" He winked making them laugh a little. "So what do I have to do?" She asked, clapping her hands together as she looked around the room she stood in.

It had large glass-stained windows and tall wooden pillars in the middle of the room. "Well you'll be doing some amazingly fun exercises with me mostly and maybe some of the trainees" Sirius explained making her nod. Not that anyone knew but she was actually really good at this stuff, she'd taken a few private lessons with mad eye and after a few weeks of being with that man you could be the most skilled person out there.

"So first of all we want to see how you'd do if you lost your wand" Sirius began as he led her into the middle of the room near by a dummy. Paul and James stood at the side of the room, watching with anticipation. The reports stood at the other side with cameras and notepads, watching her every move.

"Okay, I'm going to put a spell on this dummy here and he'll be the person you're fighting. If it gets too much just shout my name and I'll step in. Although I'm sure you've got this" he said giving her a fist bump. She handed him her wand and hit ready for the exercise. Fighting the dummy was just like fighting a real person, she knew that.

Just before the exercise began Moody walked into room with a second dummy. "Uh Moody, we've already got a dummy" Sirius informed him confusedly as he watched the man walk over to them. "I know, but she can handle two" he said as he dumped the dummy next to the other one, sending her a wink making her smirk. "You don't have to fight these two if you don't want to Isabella, I can talk to him for you" Sirius told her worriedly, he didn't want her to get hurt.

"I'll be okay, trust me" She smiled before turning to face the dummies. Sirius looked at James and Paul who shared his same worried expression. Nonetheless he sighed and reluctantly put the spell on the dummies. Soon enough the dummies began to rise and make their way towards her. One of them grabbed her around her waist whilst the other one stood in front which gave her the perfect opportunity to head butt the one behind her before kicking the other one practically where his balls should be.

They quickly recovered so she knees one in stomach before hitting his face with her elbow. She took advantage of the pillars in the room and used them wisely. She put one in a headlock and kicked the other away before bringing her foot up to kick the face of the one she had in a head lock. She swung around with the guy before running up the pilar slightly to get enough momentum to practically fly kick the other guy in the face.

"She kicking their ass" James mumbled in awe. "YES QUEEN!" Paul shouted from beside him, clapping his hands. "You might be out of a job" Sirius told James who continued to stare at the girl in amazement.

Isabella ran to the side and grabbed a chair and whacked one of the dummies with it sending them flying backwards. The other one charged towards her punching at her but she managed to dodge them all before kicking its gut sending it stumbling backwards.

Once again one of them got her by the waist which only made her life easier. She lifted her legs off the ground and pushed them full force into the other chest. She managed to elbow the dummy holding her making it drop her so that she could roll through his legs and kick him in the arse.

"She is destroying them!" Sirius exclaimed.

The two dummies were struggling to stand back up so she ran over into the middle of them. She jumped into the air, each of her legs going different ways to kick them in the face. She caught James looking at her with a look in his eye that she couldn't quite figure out. She sent him a quick smile before getting back to work.

She had obviously gotten distracted by James for too long as one of the dummies had recovered and charged towards her. They grabbed with one arm as they were running which resulted in her being crushed against a pillar. She winced in pain but just for a moment. She grabbed one of the lanterns that hung on the pillar and smashed sit over its head.

She grabbed its arm before running under it and twisting it making it fall to its knees. She shoved it and it went flying over a table, knocking it over. That one had seemed to give up but she still had one more. She turned around to the one that was still slightly stumbling around and jumped on it, her legs wrapping around its neck area. She twisted its neck making it spin. To give her more momentum to knock it down, she fell backwards slightly almost like she was the hammer people use in a hammer throw.

That move managed to knock the dummy down and with one more punch to its face, it was out as well. She flipped her hair back and stood up with a proud smile on her face. "Easy peasie" She shrugged. She stepped over the dummies and made her way over to the group of men waiting for her. "I think that's enough for today" Sirius laugh as he gave her a high five, handing her her wand back.

"I see all those classes paid of" Moody commented making her nod. "I learned from this best" She added making him nod. "Why did you never tell me you could fight like that?!" Paul questioned in amazement of the woman he called his boss. "You never asked" She retorted sarcastically.

"I think I'm out of a job" James said with a small laugh. "Don't worry, I'll keep you around for the company, you can be my side kick" she said, patting his chest before leaving the room. Although a few seconds later her head popped through the door again. "Are two coming or not?" She asked Paul and James who quickly followed her.

"Oh Sirius, you and Remus should come round for dinner tomorrow" She offered making him smile. "We'll be there" he told her.

.............

Hi everyone,

So it seems our little Isabella is a bit of a bad ass, who would have known?! I hope they chapter wasn't too boring, I know it wasn't that exciting.

They're will more of just James and Isabella coming soon don't you worry!

I hope you're all doing well!
Grace :)