27 | love of my life

"Love of my life, don't leave me

"Love of my life, don't leave me. You've taken my love, and now desert me" -
Love Of My Life by Queen

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

—"BELLA" JAMES GASPED breathlessly as he quickly kneeled down next to her. She looked up at him with panicked eyes and that when he realised how tight the lace was wrapped around her neck. "Moony, please, do you know a spell to get this of her, please do something" James begged, looking up at his friend desperately. Remus hurried over and kneeled at the other side of Isabella and rested the tip of his wand on the pace making it split down the middle.

James immediately ripped the lace off of Isabella, leaving Remus to tend to his husband, bring him into his arms. Isabella let out gasp as she finally got a full breath of air into her lungs. Her head felt woozy due to lack of air for so long but she tried keeping her eyes on James. Her vision was blurred as she looked up at him in relief. "James" She whispered, gently wrapped her arms around his torso.

James wrapped his arms tightly around Isabella, never wanting to let her out of his sight again. He loosened his grip when he heard her take in a sharp breath. "What's wrong?" James asked worriedly as Moody and the other aurors began to gather the death eaters and put handcuffs on them. "I think my ribs are broken" Isabella's words were slightly slurred as she spoke, the world around her becoming a dizzy mess. "Bella?" James questioned worriedly as he watched her eyes slowly close.

"Shit" James panicked as he lifted her into his arms bridal style. "I need to get her to a hospital" James informed Remus and Sirius making the long-haired man spring up. "I'm coming too, after that there's no chance I'm leaving her till I know she's okay" Sirius insisted. Once the group all stood together, they apparated to St Mungo's. James ran towards the reception where the woman looked up at him in a panic when she saw Isabella.

"Follow me" She instructed as she hurried down a hallway, James on her tail, looking down at the fragile woman in his arms. She deserved none of this. He watched as a couple of nurses came towards him with a bed. "Lay her down on there" The nurse instructed James. He walked towards them and laid her down as gently as possible onto the bed. The trip followed behind the nurses at a fast pace as the wheeled her down the corridor. "You will all have to stay out here whilst we examine her" One of the nurses informed them whilst the other took her into a close of room.

"No, I want to be with her" James insisted, scared that if he left her something bad might happen again. "She'll be alright James, she's in good hands" Remus comforted as he laid a soft hand on his friend's shoulder, leading him away from the nurse and over to a chair. "I'll go find us all something to drink" Remus told the duo, leaving them sitting next to each other on the uncomfortable hospital chairs.

"I really hope he meant vodka" Sirius mumbled under his breath as he rested his elbows on his knees and rubbed his face. "Do you not want to go and get yourself checked out?" James asked, knowing that he had injuries as well. "I've had worse" Sirius shrugged simply. The two boys sat in silence for a while, neither really wanting to talk.

James sat with his head held in his hands, his legs bouncing up and down. Deep down she knew she'd be fine, she's a fighter but he couldn't help but let the thought that maybe she wouldn't be nag at the back of his head. He had finally found someone that cared not only about him but about Harry and now he might lose her.

"You know I've not even told her I loved her yet" James finally spoke making Sirius snicker. "What?" James asked, peeking out from his hands to look at Sirius who sat shaking his head amusedly. "I'll let Bella explain" Was all Sirius said before Remus came back with a few bottles of water for them. James took one appreciatively, taking a small sip to help his dry mouth.

He stood up from his seat and walked towards the room that Isabella was in, he was able to see what they were doing as there was a window to look through. His heart practically broke at the sight of the doctors hooking her up to IVs and placing an oxygen mask over her face. He could have prevented this if he had just gone with her. He could've been with her and saved her from getting hurt.

To see the person he loved looking so lifeless gave him a painful reminder of just how precious life is and how he was going to spend every day more making sure Isabella was always safe and sound by his side. He swore to himself that no matter what, till death do them sort, he would protect Isabella and everyday rain or shine he'd be there by her side to remind her how he still loved her.

She was his sunshine that could make him smile no matter how he felt.

His head turned away from her as the nurses made their way back out. "Is she okay?" James immediately asked. "She'll be fine but she might be asleep for a while. Due to the lack of oxygen that she may have experienced, we've given her an oxygen mask to help so that her levels can become stable again. She has a couple of broken ribs but thankfully, they're not high up enough to puncture her lung but she will still need to be on bed rest for a couple of weeks then she can try walking around again but not over exerting herself, if she's still sore she'd be better leaving it another day. We've also cleaned up her cuts and bruises so they should heal perfectly. You can go in now" The nurse exclaimed to his in a calm voice before wandering off.

"You go in, we'll come in when you're ready" Sirius insisted making James nod after a moment before opening the door and walking inside. He slowly walked over to her, sitting on the chair beside her bed. His eyes laid gently on her as he took her hand in his, holding it tightly. He sat there for a few minutes just holding her hand in his, running the pad of his thumb over her bruised knuckles.

His eyes shot up when he heard a weak, hoarse voice call for him. He was met with Isabella's tired, brown eyes looking at him through her eyelashes. "Hey sunshine, how are you feeling?" He asked, standing up and sitting on the edge of her bed as he gently moved some stray hairs from her face. "Sore" She complained, her face screwing up slightly. "I know honey, I know" James sympathised.

"You really scared me you know" James admitted after a moment making Isabella give him a small sad smile. "I never meant to scare anyone, especially not you" She informed him, bringing a hand up to his cheek, rubbing it gently.

"I really should've gone with you" James told her making her look up at him sadly. "James.." She tried but he continued with what he was saying. "If I had went with you, I could've stopped you or I could've gone with you and stopped you from getting hurt. I swear to you from now on Isabella I'll always be there to protect you, no matter what because I love you Isabella Love" James admitted making her jaw fall open slightly as she looked up at him in awe.

"I love you" He repeated, looking down at her with a small grin. Isabella's lips spread into a bright smile as her eyes glossed over. "I love you too, I realised I should've told you sooner when I was well kidnapped. I ranted to Sirius about how I'd never told you and he promised me he'd make sure, no matter what I'd get to tell you" Isabella explained happily making James laugh, realising why Sirius had laughed earlier on.

James leaned down to Isabella and connected their lips together. A feeling of comfort and relief courses through them.

They were back together once again.

..........

THEY FINALLY SAID I LOVE YOU

that's not the drama finished yet though, however there's not long now till act two where everything big will begin but I wonder if you've all noted yet...

harry doesn't have his scar, will he get it or will he not? I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)

lots of love,
Grace <3