12 | school dance

"It's truly new to me, that affection" - I've Been Waiting For You by ABBA

I've Been Waiting For You by ABBA

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— "LOOKS LIKE YOUR SCHOOL dance is tomorrow night little man" James told Harry after he looked at the calendar. Harry's primary school does little parties for the kids during the summer so that they can all catch up and play together. However, this time the school is asking the kids to bring along someone with them. This is some sort of confidence building thing.

"Who are you going to ask to go with you?" Isabella asked as she put down a plate of pancakes in-front of the young boy. "I don't know" Harry shrugged. "Usually people take a girl they really like" James suggested making Harry think for a moment before slowly nodding. As Isabella walked through to the living room she found Sirius and Remus walked through the front door.

"Dear merlin you two might as well just live here at this point" She laughed, giving the two men a hug. "James and Harry are in the kitchen, I've also made some pancakes if you're hungry" She informed them before heading up stairs for a shower. Just as she was about to step into the shower she heard James's shouting for her. "Bella, someone's on the phone for you!" He shouted up the stairs.

"Typical" She sighed before wrapping her bath robe around her and heading down the stairs, into the living room where James stood talking into the phone. "Oh here she is" James told the person on the other end. "It was good talking to you too sir" James said before handing the phone over to Isabella. "Hello?" She said, awaiting a response so she knew who it was. "Hi sweet pea" Came a familiar voice on the other end. "Oh hello dad" She greeted happily.

"How are you? Who was that guy I was talking to on the phone, was that the bodyguard James you told me about?" Her dad asked curiously, wanting to know all the details. "I'm great dad and yeah it was, that was him, did you like him?" Isabella questioned. "He seemed like a nice chap yeah" Her dad hummed. "Listen, I was wondering if you'd like to come round for dinner soon? You can bring James and his son if you'd like" Her dad offered making her laugh a little.

"That's ironic actually, I was going to call you later to ask her exact same thing" She explained making her dad chuckle. "Ah well I bet you to it, so is that a yes?" He asked hopefully. "You know it is, I couldn't say no to you even if I wanted to dad" she told him. "Okay sweetheart, well when are you free? Are you free Sunday at five?" He asked making Isabella hum as she thought. "Yeah, I think I'm free" Isabella informed him. "Great, well I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing before I phoned, I'll see you on Sunday, I love you" Her dad told her kindly making her smile.

"Love you too dad" she said before hanging up and putting the phone back down on the receiver and going back upstairs for her shower.

...

"My dad invited you and Harry round for dinner Sunday night if you'd like to come" Isabella told James as she walked into the garden where he was sat the swing set she had gotten out there for Harry. "That'd be nice, yeah we'll come" He smiled as he watched her sit on the swing next to him.

"How's your cheek feeling?" James asked genuinely, looking over at her as though he were examining her. "Better, it doesn't hurt anymore, just a little mark left that, should be gone soon though" She explained, touching the side of her cheek that was hit. She would've been able to take both the men in her opinion if they hadn't caught her off guard.

She knew Moody would throw a fit of he knew what had happened. His motto was ' CONSTANT VIGILANCE' so if he knew that two men had caught her off guard he would be raging with her and always sneak up on her screaming the bloody phrase. She knew he would, he's done it once and he'll sure as hell do it again if he finds out.

"You alright" She asked him gently seeing the look on his face. "Yeah, just thinking" He assured her.

"Okay well I'll leave you too it, I have to nip into the office" Isabella informed him, standing up from the swing, not wanting to disrupt his peace. "See you later love" he said just before she walked inside.

...

"He called you love?" Paul asked making her nod. "And he's never called you that before?" He asked again making her nod again. "Well I mean it's obvious he likes you, maybe he's trying to hint at it without actually telling you?" Paul suggested making her shake her head. "I really think you're mistaken about him like me" She sighed making Paul burst into laughter.

"Merlin Bella! He asked you out to dinner!" Paul exclaimed, trying to get his point through to her. "He said that was just to thank me" she told Paul who rolled his eyes. "Jeez you're thick as mince aren't you? Obviously he's asking you out because he likes you. Look at the facts Isabella! He looks at you like you're the most beautiful things he'd ever set eyes on, he asked you out, he always makes sure you're okay and that you're safe and he let you hold his hand at the quidditch match and when I look at him he had a grin on his face like kids have when they receive the toy they asked for on Christmas morning" Paul enlisted everything off and could see that Isabella was thinking about what he was saying.

"I know you're right" Isabella sighed. "But I get nervous about these kinds of things. I mean it's always the same, they always like me at the start and then I start to get annoying and only go on a few dates and never want to see me again. I don't want that to be what happens with James and I don't want anything to ruin the friendship we have right now" Isabella expressed her worries.

"Well you don't have to worry about any friendships getting ruined by that because the two of you are past friendship at this point, you just have to tell each other how you feel" Paul pointed out.

...

The next day, Isabella was laying in her bed reading her book when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in" She called and in walked little Harry. "Hey bud, you okay?" She asked, patting the side of the bed next to her. He wandered over and lay down next to her, getting comfortable as she put a book mark on the page she was at before closing her book and putting it on the bedside table next to her.

"I have a big favour to ask you and it's okay if you say no" Harry began, looking up at her. "Go on buddy, you can ask me anything" She insisted. Harry went on to ask her a question that made her heart swell. "Of course I will little man, it would be my honour" she said, bopping him on the nose and smiling as he ran of happily.

Later on that evening, Harry was dressed up all nice and smart for his little school dance. "Where's Isabella, I thought she'd be down to see him off" Sirius commented. Once again the duo had made their way back to Isabella's house. She was seriously contemplating just telling them to move in at this point.

"Did you ask anyone to the dance Harry?" Remus asked as he fixed the young boys laces. "Yup" Harry nodded proudly. "Who was it then? Are they here?" Sirius asked. "She's right here" Isabella said with a bright smile as she walked into the room in a little red dress. "You asked Isabella to the dance?" James asked with a small surprised smile. "Well you said people ask a girl they really like right?" He asked his dad who nodded. "Well Bella is the girl I like the most" Harry explained with a smile.

"That is the cutest shit I've ever heard in my life" Sirius cried, holding onto Remus' arm.

..............

That last bit was the cutest thing I've ever written in my life in my opinion. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I've posted a lot today so I'm very proud of myself :)

Hope you're all well!!!
Grace x