07 | a sky full of stars

"'you're a sky full of stars such a heavenly view, you're such a heavenly view" - A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay

A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— ISABELLA SMILED AT HER reflection in the mirror as she admired the dress she'd put on. It was white with a few simple flowers on it and fell just above her knees. Sirius and Remus were coming for dinner soon so she wanted to choose something nice to wear. She departed from her room to check on the dinner that she had left cooking whilst she got ready. She had decided in making a simple pasta, she didn't cook too often but when she did it was always amazing.

Or at least that's what people have told her.

She heard someone enter the room making her turn her head to see who it was. They're stood James in a dark red polo shirt and black jeans that fit him perfectly. His hair still sat messily on his head but in her opinion it just made him look even better. Harry walked in just after him with a bright smile. "Hi" he said as she waved at Isabella happily. "Evening Harry" Isabella greeted.

"You look great Bella" James complimented after a moment making her smile and smallest of blushes appear on her cheeks. "Oh please" She waved him off. "You look... Handsome, lovely" She complimented back, stumbling over her words a little. "This is old, it's my grandmothers, it's nothing" Isabella explained as she played with the hem of her dress.

"Your grandmothers hot" James said without thinking. "Not that I'm saying.. I've never seen your grandmother- I'm not.." James panicked a little. "I think he's trying to say that your dress is nice" Harry butted in as he grabbed a small carton of apple juice from the fridge that Isabella had bought for him earlier that day. "Yes!" James exclaimed, sending Harry a thankful look.

"Well thank you, that's very sweet" Isabella smiled. "You look good" James said quietly once he'd regained his composure. "So do you" Isabella said. Before the situation could continue the doorbell went off. "I'll just go and get that" Isabella said after a moment, breaking the eye contact with James. "Yeah, sure" James nodded.

Isabella quickly scurried off to the front door where she was greeted with the happy faces of Remus and Sirius. "Ah you made it! Come in, come in" Isabella greeted as she ushered them in the house and out of the hallway. "These are for you" Remus said as he handed her a beautiful bunch of flowers. "Aw guys, you shouldn't have. They're beautiful" she said with a bright smile, giving them both a thankful hug.

She led them through to the kitchen where they found Harry and James talking quietly together. Harry's face lit up when he saw his uncles and immediately ran over to them. Isabella grabbed a vase from one of the near cabinets and filled it with water. She unwrapped the flowers and placed them in, styling them so they sat perfectly.

She walks into the dining room and placed them pride of place right in the middle of the table. Before the pair had come Isabella made sure that her house was slick and span. She made every corner was tidy and clean.

She made her way back into the kitchen to check on the dinner which happened to be ready. "Harry sweetheart, would you mind grabbing some plates" She asked as she stirred the dinner. Harry nodded happily and grabbed the plates for her. She asked Harry because she'd realised that he liked helping her, for some reason it made him excited and kept him happy.

"Here you go" he said as he placed the plates next to her on the counter top. "Thank you, honey" She smiled, placing a hand on his head gently before beginning to plate up the dinner. She told everyone to go through to the dining room and she'd bring the dinner through. Sirius, Remus and Harry all went through but James stayed with her.

"I'll help you take them through" he told her kindly making her smile. "Thank you" she said genuinely as she carefully slid two plates over to him for him to carry through. Isabella took the other three, two in her hand and the other balancing on her arm. She used to be a waitress during the summer holidays when she was younger so she was used to carrying a few plates.

They placed the plates down before they all got tucked into the food. "This is amazing" Sirius groaned as he took a bite of his food. "Glad you like it" she said with a confused laugh at the sound the man just made.

After they finished dinner they decided to play a game of scrabble. She grabbed the box and dumped out the contents onto the table. "I hope you're all prepared to be bet" Remus said as he smugly cracked his fingers. Isabella looked over at Harry, who sat beside her, when she felt a small tap on her forearm. "What's up little man?" She asked quietly.

"How do you play this?" He asked as he examined the game confusedly. "How about you play with me so I can show you how to play them in the next round you can do it yourself?" Isabella offered making Harry nod, liking that suggestion. Harry and Isabella worked hard as a team to beat the others and in the end their hard work paid off as they managed to win the game.

They high fived each other before Isabella brought him into a side hug. "We're the winners!" She boasted as she held the young laughing boy close to her. James couldn't help but let a smile crawl its way onto his face at the sight. He admired how quickly they had become comfortable with each other, almost like they'd always known each other. He was thankful for how much love Isabella treated Harry with.

"That's not fair!" Sirius cried. "You're in a group of two" He whined making Isabella laugh, a laugh that made James' heart flutter for reasons that made him panic. He can't fall for his boss, that's so unprofessional, but let's be real here, who can blame him. With a smile like Isabella's, everyone would fall for her if they saw it. It always managed to brighten your day no matter how had it had been previously.

"Are you really upset over this?" Isabella asked amusedly. "I'm not upset, it's just unfair" Sirius huffed making Remus roll his eyes at his husband. "You're such a child you know that Sirius?" He questioned making the other man glare at him.

...

Later on that evening when Sirius and Remus had left, James went to put Harry to bed whilst Isabella took her chance to sneak outside into the terrace to look at the stars. She loved watching the stars, it calmed her. The way they all twinkled away in sky but not one of them being the same. She sat on one of the swinging chairs she had out there, her knees up at her chest so the she could test her head on them.

James had made his way out of Harry's room by this time and was about to head to bed himself. He noticed the doors where open so he went to shut them but stopped when he noticed Isabella sitting outside. He quickly grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and headed outside.

"You'll catch a cold out here you know" James informed her once he'd reached and gently draped the blanket over her shoulders. "Thank you" She smiled lightly as she situated the blanket around herself so that it was sitting perfectly and keeping her warm. Her eyes drifted back up to the stars above them but his eyes remained fixated on her.

He couldn't stop looking at the way the night sky made her eyes twinkle just like the stars. When he thought about it, Isabella was like a star. Just like the stars you can't help but look at them in awe and they light up the world to save it from darkness. And to James that's exactly what Isabella did.

Soon enough he managed to drag his eyes away from her to look up at the stars as well.

Isabella wasn't oblivious to the fact he had been looking at her. She could've sworn that her cheeks were on fire with the amount they were blushing. She never felt nervous when people stared at her but with James.

It was different.

..............

Ahh it's happening! My babies are finally noticing their feelings, even if they're just small!

For anyone who's interested, I've made a playlist for this story and put the link in my bio. It's full of the songs I listen to whilst I write this story.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
Grace x