30 | the room where it happens

"We want our leaders to save the day but we don't get a say in what they trade away" - The Room Where It Happens from Hamilton

The Room Where It Happens from Hamilton

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

—THE NEXT FEW DAYS after that night, nothing happened again. There was absolutely no way they could explain what had happened. In those few days Isabella had come to a decision to step down from her position as minister of magic. She wanted to keep her family safe, she didn't know if it was due to her position that it all happened but even if it wasn't she thought that it was for the best. It was better to be safe than sorry.

Since that night Isabella had been a bit of a wreck. She hadn't gotten much sleep because every time she closed her eyes she saw Voldemort. She couldn't even bring herself to eat anything no matter how much James told her she had to eat something and even though it had only been a few days it was starting to show that she wasn't eating.

She got out of bed multiple times each night to check on Harry and make sure he was still tucked up safely in his bed. During the day her eyes would always flutter shut before flying open a few seconds later. She couldn't sleep properly unless James had his arm wrapped all the way around her and even then it was still a struggle. He worried about her a lot and whenever he would she'd just give him a smile and assure him she was fine even though she felt like she was dying from the lack of sleep and food.

Today it was the day she'd be finding out who would be up for running for her position. Much to her dread there was only one man. Cornelius Fudge. She couldn't stand the man but if he was the only one that would take her place she didn't have much choice, she knew everyone close to her wouldn't be happy when they found out who was taking her place. Only Paul knew seen as he set up the meeting.

The whole ministry had been told to gather in the ballroom ahead of her speech. Lots of people knew she was stepping down but they didn't know who was taking her place. That morning James, Remus, Sirius and Paul were waiting for Isabella in her office as she walked through the corridors, passing Fudges office as she did so. She stopped when's he heard arguing from behind the door. Isabella knew she shouldn't have eavesdropped but she couldn't help it.

"I just don't think you've thought this through sir" She heard Fudges assistant say. "There's nothing to worry about Matthew, everything will be fine" Fudge insisted angrily and when Isabella heard footsteps heading towards the door she quickly walked down the hallway and into her office. "Well are you going to tell us whose taking your place?" Sirius asked as soon as she walked through the door. "Nope" She smirked, "You'll just have to wait and see and you can be angry with me later"

"Angry? Why would be angry?" James asked confusedly. "You'll find out soon" Isabella insisted as Paul looked at his watch. "Right come on boys, time to get moving" He informed them ushering towards the door. "Whose taking your place?" James asked as he walked towards the door. "You'll just have to wait and see" Isabella sighed before kissing his cheek and watching him leave.