16 | roadtrip

"I greeted you, with a knowing smile" - Young Guns by Wham!

Young Guns by Wham!

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— FOR ISABELLA'S BIRTHDAY the whole crew apart from Paul were taking a road trip up to Scotland for the weekend. James had even rented out a Volkswagen bus for them to drive up in. They'd be heading up to the highlands so it would take them round about ten hours to get there so all the adult offered to take turns driving.

Isabella packed all of her nicest clothes in her suitcase for the trip. She was very excited as she hadn't been to Scotland since she was very little so she couldn't wait. "Hey love" James smiled, standing in the doorway of her room. "Hello" She greeted with a bright smile, closing her suit case tightly. "Do you want me to take your bag for you?" He asked, walking towards her.

"It's okay, I've got it" She assured with a smile before picking up her bag, ready to go. "Thank you for organising this James, I'm really looking forward to it" Isabella said genuinely. "Not a problem, anything to put a smile on your face" He replied. "Now come on, before moony comes and hunts me down for being late" James joked, leading Isabella out of her room and shutting the door behind them before heading out to the bus.

Sirius would be driving for the first two and a bit, then James, then Isabella then finally Remus. Isabella got in the back of the bus with Remus and Harry, who was fast asleep, whilst James hit in the front with Sirius. "And we're on the road folks" Sirius announced as he began driving, cranking up the radio a bit louder but it was still quite quiet in the back on the bus.

"So how are we going to keep ourselves then Mr Lupin?" Isabella asked, placing her head in her hands as she looked at the man across the table that they sat at. "Well seen as we don't know bunch about each other we could play never have I ever?" Remus suggested making Isabella smile and nod, liking the idea. Instead of taking a shot every time they had done whatever the other had said they ate a sweetie instead. "Never have I ever met someone famous?" Remus began and immediately Isabella ate a sweet.

"Being minister of magic has its perks, even in the muggle world" Isabella shrugged. "So who did you meet?" Remus asked, clearly very intrigued. "Remus honey I did more than just meet this person" Isabella laughed with a devilish smirk. "Bella! Who?" Remus pressed, an excited smile on his face. "Someone with the last name Michael" she said, letting him try and guess who it was. "Frank Michael?" Remus asked in shock making her laugh and shake her head.

All of a sudden the bus pulled over to the side of the road and Sirius came running through, James lagging behind him. "Did you sleep with George fucking Michael?!" Sirius screeched making her giggle as she plopped another sweet in her mouth. "Holy shit you did" He gasped in amazement. "Prongs, this girl is now well and truly out of your league now" Remus sighed.

"I didn't sleep with him" She finally said making Sirius' shoulders fall. "You had me excited for nothing" He scoffed. "I was just winding Remus up, but it seems I've winded you all up" Isabella rolled her eyes amusedly. "Yes, I met George Michael but we just talked for ages nothing more, nothing less" Isabella informed them. "That's still pretty cool" James shrugged, finally speaking up.

"Pretty cool prongs? Mate it's George Michael!" Sirius shouted making Isabella slap his shoulder. "Harry sleeping you twat" She whisper shouted making the man raise his hands in surrender, making his way back to his seat, James following behind him after sending Isabella a smile.

...

When Sirius was finished with his turn driving James took over. Sirius made his way through to the back and Isabella made her way to the front to take a seat in the passenger seat. "Ah I see I've been given the best person to keep me company" James smiled, glancing over at Isabella as she sat down and buckled up. "I am quite fabulous aren't I?" Isabella joked, her eyes flickering over to him.

"We've still not been out for that dinner yet" James pointed out. "Maybe we can sneak away at some point during the trip for a bit" Isabella offered. "I'm sure we could make time for that" James nodded with a smile stretching across his face.

"I can't believe I'm turning thirty tomorrow, I'm so old" Isabella cried, dragging her hands over her face as she looked at her face in the mirror in the sun visor above her. "You don't look a day over twenty" James told her making her look at him amusedly. "What? I'm serious" James shrugged, keeping an eye on the road ahead of him. "We'll that's very kind of you James" she said as she let out a small laugh.

"My hair is awful" Isabella groaned, looking at her hair in disgust. James sighed and reached over to close her sun visor so she could see her reflection anymore. "What was that for?" Isabella asked confusedly. "You're doing it again" James said simply. "Doing what?" She questioned amusedly. "Pointing out the little things you don't like about yourself, it's a bad habit that you don't realise you have" James informed her with a soft smile.

Isabella looked at him before humming, really not realising she did that. "I really do need to get a haircut though" she said making James laugh. "We'll you can get that done later, you're on holiday" James told her. "Yeah, you're right sorry" Isabella nodded. "So have we got anything planned?" She asked, looking over to James who had his eyes on the road in-front of him looking rather annoyed at some cars who kept cutting in-front of him.

"Not yet, it's up to you what we do seen as it is your birthday weekend" James informed her. Isabella knew exactly where they could go, there's a lovely little beach that her and her dad went to when they went up to the highlands when she was younger. There was also a nice little town nearby where they could get something to eat.

Isabella really was thankful for James putting this all together for her. She didn't expect him to do something like this for her. She tried to pay him back some money, feeling bad about him paying for absolutely everything but he insisted she kept it as it was her gift to her and she wasn't paying for her own present. "Dad! I'm hungry" Harry's voice flowed through from the back of the bus.

"We could pull into that rest station there and get something to eat?" Isabella suggested, pointing at the road sign that said there was a place to stop ahead. James nodded and pulled into the next lane so that he could get into the place. As they pulled in they found a wonderful selection of places to eat. Obviously as soon as Harry saw the big golden M for McDonald's he knew exactly what he wanted.

The crew hopped out of the bus, Isabella grabbing her purse before they headed into the fast-food restaurant. "Okay bud what do you want?" Isabella asked, as she got some money from her purse. "Bella I can get it" James insisted but Isabella immediately waved him off. "Please let me pay for this, you won't let me pay for anything else" Isabella begged making James give in with a sigh and a nod.

"So what does everyone want?" She questioned and once she had everyone's ordered she made her way to the cashier. She put the orders in and now she just had to wait. As she waited she spotted a woman with a bright pink dress on leaving the shop, she couldn't help but feel like she knew her but Isabella just couldn't out her finger on how she knew her. She didn't recognise who the woman was with but she recognised her.

She watched as the woman got into her car and left. Isabella shook herself off and ignored it, she was probably just losing her marbles. However, the thought of who it was was gnawing at the back of head.

.............

This one's a bit shorter so apologies for that!
Who do we think the woman was?

Hope you all enjoyed this weird chapter!
Grace :)