14 | sickness

"You can start a family who will always show you love" - Matilda by Harry Styles

Matilda by Harry Styles

...

— JAMES AND ISABELLA DECIDED to just take everything slowly and go with the flow to see where it leads. They both agreed it probably wasn't smart to jump straight into things but to get them started they decided to go out for dinner tonight. Isabella was looking through her wardrobe when there was knock on her door before Harry sauntered into the room. "Oh hello Harry, please come in" Isabella laughed sarcastically.

Harry jumped onto her bed on his stomach, his head in his hands as he looked at her. "I'm bored" He sighed. "What are you wearing?" Harry asked, eyeing her wardrobe. "Well I was going to wear this" Isabella told him, pulling out a lovely little black dress. "That's nice" Harry smiled up at her, which made her know she made a good choice. She closed her wardrobe and placed the dress on her bed before grabbing the shoes she'd put on with it.

"Are you okay Harry? You look a little pale" Isabella noted, walking over to the young boy and moving the hair out of his face letting her feel his forehead. "You feel quite warm buddy" Isabella told him. "I'm okay, just worry about getting ready" Harry brushed it off, not wanting to admit he wasn't well and keep them from their dinner.

"No, Harry, please tell me how you're feeling. I won't leave you alone till you do" She challenged him making him sigh. "My stomach hurts and so does my head" he told her, giving in. "Hmm, well let me go get some Calpol and we'll see if that helps any" Isabella decided, standing up and walking towards the main bathroom, bumping into James as he walked out of his room.

"Everything okay?" He asked when he saw the worried look on her face. "Harry's not feeling very well, I was just grabbing him some Calpol" Isabella began. "Maybe we should stay home with him tonight and have dinner another time, I'd feel terrible leaving him" Isabella said making James nod. "That's a good idea, I'll go and check on him" James said before walking over to her bedroom.

Isabella walked into the bathroom and took the Calpol out of the medicine cabinet. She wandered back through to her bedroom to find Harry laying in his dad's arms, holding his stomach. "How long has your stomach been sore for Harry?" She asked as she poured a bit of the medicine onto a spoon. "An hour but it only just started getting bad" Harry informed them. "Okay buddy, can you sit up for a minute so I can give you this" She asked making him nod and sit up.

She placed the spoon in his mouth and once he'd taken the medicine she took it out. "Right we'll see how that does for now and if you need more later we'll give you some" Isabella explained to him making his face fall slightly. "What do you mean later? You guys are going out for dinner" Harry said, looking between the two adults. "We're going to stay home with you tonight bud" James told Harry.

"I'll be fine honestly, please go" Harry begged, feeling bad that he had ruined their night. "It's okay Harry, we can go out for dinner any night. We can stay home and have dinner here together and then watch a movie" Isabella said. "We can watch whatever movie you like" Isabella bargained and it seemed to work slightly. "I still feel bad though" Harry sighed. "It's not your fault, you have nothing to feel sorry for Harry" James assured him, rubbing his arm comfortingly.

"I'll go stick a pizza in the oven" Isabella told them making James nod before she left the room and went down stairs. She wasn't bothered about going out for dinner, she'd much rather make sure Harry's okay. She opened up the freezer and took out a pizza, placing it on a tray and putting it in the oven for their dinner. She walked through to the living room and took out some movies for Harry to choose from, all ones she knew he liked.

She walked back through to the kitchen and turned on the radio. Soon enough The Turtles, 'Happy Together' began playing. This was one of her absolute all-time favourite songs and always had been. She decided to make some soup for Harry to see if that would help him feel better. She brought out some vegetables and a chopping board and got to work and she danced and sang around the kitchen.

Once she'd scraped all the veg into the pot she stirred it with a wooden spoon, occasionally pretending it was a microphone during the choruses. "Someone's enjoying themselves" James pointed out with a bright smile as he and Harry walked into the kitchen as she danced around to the music. "It's a good song what can I say" She shrugged as the music faded out into the next song. 'Somebody To Love' by Queen.

The oven dinged to let her know that the pizza was ready to come out. She grabbed a pair of oven gloves and put them on before taking the tray of pizza out and placing it on the counter top. "Dinner is served gentlemen" Isabella smiled, cutting up the pizza and putting a few bits in plates before handing it to them.

"Harry if you're not feeling up to anything big I've made soup for you if you want it" Isabella offered making the boy nod and slide the pizza back over to her. "That's probably a better idea" he said. That's when James and Isabella knew for sure he wasn't feeling good, when he refused pizza.

"Is there anything we can do to cheer you up?" Isabella asked him, feeling bad about how down in the dumps he was whilst pouring him a bowl of soup. "Have you got any funny stories?" He asked her. Isabella stopped to think for a few moments before her face lit up when she remembered one.

"When I was a little girl my mum sent me a pair of pink bunny slippers and I refused to take them off" Isabella began, handing him his soup. "I wore them everywhere. I wore them in bed, in the bath, all summer long and my dad wasn't happy but I just loved them so much!" Isabella gushed. "Then hoping to take my mind off of the slippers my dad got be striped tights" Isabella told him.

"Stripy tights?" Harry asked. "Black and yellow stripes" Isabella nodded making Harry's face screw up in disgust. "My god" James laughed. "Unfortunately I never forgot about the slippers so that just made and even worse combination. Bright pink bunny slippers and black and yellow striped tights" Isabella smiled as she thought back at the memory.

That was one of the good things her mother did. Sometimes she did feel bad about cutting her out of her life but then she remembers all the thing she out her through and knows she made the right decision, plus she was gaining her own little family now and she had her dad, she didn't need her.

"That would have been a good look" James joked, laughing at the image he had made in his head of the outfit. "Do not diss my fabulous little outfit James" Isabella retorted in the same joking manner.

"I just loved them so much and I was gutted when I grew out of them. I would probably still wear the tights if I still had them" Isabella laughed, shaking her head. "To be fair, I think they'd suit you. You'd be able to pull them off" Harry told her as he ate his soup. "I agree" James added making Isabella smile at him. "So what movie do you want to watch tonight then Harry?" James asked, looking down at Harry.

"Star Wars return of the Jedi?" Harry suggested hopefully. "You can watch whatever you want buddy" Isabella insisted making him smile happily.

When they went through to watch the movie Isabella grabbed as many covers as she could for the three of them. Isabella was sat in middle, Harry resting against her making her be pushed up right against James. He smiled down at her and put his arm on the back of the couch so she could be comfier. Once she had made sure the cover was round Harry she sat back comfortably, slightly leaning against James as the movie began.

..............

This chapter was sort of random and I promise you'll get their first date chapter soon! It was going to happen in this one but I changed my mind and decided to make you wait.

Hope you enjoyed!
Grace :)