10 | birthday disaster

"I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain" - Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses

Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses

༶•┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈•༶

— JAMES AND ISABELLA WORKED from the early hours of the morning to put up the decorations to Harry's birthday. Isabella was blowing up the balloons and whilst James out up some banners. Sirius and Remus were coming round later, Isabella had also invited Paul as he and Harry actually got on very well and like to annoy her whilst she did her work if Harry was ever there.

"I think we did a damn good job if I do say so myself" Isabella said once they had finished and stepped back to have a look at the living room. Before James could reply the doorbell went off making Isabella walk over to it whilst James waited to greet Harry who he could hear coming down the stairs at a fast pace.

Isabella opened the door and was greeted with postman. "Good morning" Isabella greeted with a warm smile as he handed her a letter addressed to Harry. "Thank you" she said before closing the door and walking back through to the living room where Harry and James were. "Happy birthday Harry!" She cheered happily, opening her arms for a hug.

Harry smiled and ran over to her, practically jumping into her arms. "You're an old man now! ten years old!" Isabella exclaimed, ruffling the boy's hair. "I'm not old" Harry insisted. "Yes you are" Came a voice from behind them. "Sirius! You nearly gave me heart failure" Isabella sighed, placing a hand over her heart. "How did you guys get in?" James questioned them.

"The front door" Remus said blankly, putting Harry's presents down on the floor. James muttered something about Remus being a part after he said that. "Harry open our presents first" Sirius said, pushing a couple over to the boy who was sitting ready on the floor. Harry excitedly ripped the paper of each and every one of the presents he was given by his uncles.

From them he received a nice red flannel, a discman, a new queen shirt and some things from Zonko's Joke Shop. "Thank you" Harry smiled brightly, giving them both a thankful hug before sitting down to get presents from his dad. While he was opening the ones from his dad Paul arrived with a large bag in his hands making Harry's eyes light up.

"That's a lot of presents" James sighed, feeling bad that the man probably spent a lot of money. "I couldn't decide what to get him" Paul shrugged, more than happy to give the boy everything. Paul was never a fan of kids but he can make an exception for Harry.

From his dad, Harry received some new clothes and some new figurines to add to his collection. "Thanks dad" Harry hugged his dad tightly making the man smile contently. "You're welcome buddy"

"Okay, me next!" Paul decided, handing Harry his big bag of presents. In the bag was a Tamagotchi, a transformer figurine, a Lolo ball which was just what James could see Harry breaking his neck on but said nothing. He also got some sweets and the last thing was Hames and Isabella's worst nightmare.