An Escape from the Madness of Reality

October 28, 2021
Entry: 010

The usual dull life, full of responsibilities and cargo was weighing me down. I could only sigh at the fact that the routine wouldn't change, and in cases that it would, it would just be more burdensome. The reality of living was driving me mad. Every second, all I could do was overthink.

Then I would question the situation on why I would overthink. Why overthink? Then the answer was plain blank. Why? Well, there are plenty of reasons to think about, too much to mention, too much to remember. "Wait a second, am I not supposed to do something?" And before I knew it, I was feeling uneasy.

My mind feels like floating as I feel the acidity react upon the stress I've been experiencing. The loud noises that surrounded me made it worse, making it hard to breathe. But then he came along again, "Yo!" He greeted me. I could only knit my brows together as he smiled. "What an annoying smile." I thought but could only chuckle at how silly he could be. Although he was nosy and kind of annoying, I couldn't help but allow him to do so.

There was something in his eyes that calmed me. And before I knew it, we were running along the gardenscapes of a faraway province. Away from the loud city, the dark atmosphere, and everything called reality. It was as if we lived in a magical universe where serenity and beauty existed. Now, I could only look back. Look back at the life I left. It was blurry but only one memory was clear.

The memory when we left it all behind, it was quite a vivid image till today. "Let's go and see the beauty of this world." He suggested with eyes full of wonder and excitement. "Let's run away from this madness, what do you say? Will you come with me?" He offered his hand and never have I ever felt such anxiety that is filled with a blissful eruption of butterflies.

"Yes! Anywhere will do, just take me with you!" I responded so rashionaly. I didn't even have to think twice about it, I just had the urge to leave everything behind and seek the uncertain fate I have with this boy and that was the best decision I have ever made since.

|~|~|~|~|
A very short entry of a random short story that I wrote last year. I guess I wanted an escape from reality, but I find this entry the most dull or rushed imagine. I guess if I change it up a bit, the narrator would end up regretting making that decision. Like what if the boy she was with was a ghost after all, and she was already hallucinating because of stress? Welp, I guess I'll try to give more credit to past me and not change the way it was, perhaps I can make a ghost one shot in the future...

Disclaimer: Photo not mine and credits to the owner. Inform me if you wish to put it down due to copyright.

Sincerely,
Gela
(༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)