Chapter Three | Stay Away

George tried to listen during the meeting, but they were just saying a whole bunch of crap that didn't make any sense.

When he noticed the group turn, he caught eyes with a certain green-eyed individual. Dream smiled slightly at him before getting told to move forward by the personnel, only an arm length away from him.

Dream sat down, glaring at the staff members who gazed forward to watch the meeting. George didn't understand why he was being guarded---was he in danger? Or was everyone else in danger?

He couldn't pay any attention to the meeting. Just thinking of Dream slightly glaring at him from time to time without exposing himself to the staff members.

When the meeting was over, everyone got up. Nervously, George made his way over to Dream, keeping a safe distance who seemed to be talking to his 'guards.'

"Social isolation isn't the best for anyone," Dream said, barely loud enough for George to hear him. "I've done what you asked, now let me stay with the other members."

The guards seemed to be debating his offer, but when someone he'd never met entered the room and went over to him, it caused them to cower slightly as if they were about to get yelled at. Dream's once calm and collected composure turned ragged.

"Why isn't he back in the room by now?" The new man glared at the other personnel who seemed much more alert and fearful.

"We were just heading there..." one said, provoking Dream to bare his teeth.

"I should be allowed to stay with the others," he hissed, holding back his need to scream at the man.

"We will talk about this another time, Clay. Get him back to his room," they instructed. They were about to touch Dream when he avoided them.

"Don't touch me!" Dream growled.

They raised their hands in obedience and stepped back a bit. Dream glanced behind him at George, sending him a look of defeat before going back towards where he came from. The door closed, separating him from the mystery behind the door.

George sighed, running his hand through his hair.

-

George laid in his bed thinking of Dream.

Was he alone? He said "isolation".

It killed him inside to think of him not being able to see anyone. How could these people so easily separate a human being from others? Who was the man who changed Dream demeanor so easily?

George wanted to ask Sapnap about it, but last time he talked to the guy he got yelled at. How was he supposed to make friends when it was suggested not to talk with others?

Nothing here made since to George and nothing had made him any better. He still felt... gay...

He let himself sleep with the hope that another day would bring more possibilities... and maybe a certain green-eyed stranger...

-

George would never get used to the early wake up time at Blue Skies. He felt more like a walking zombie every sleepless night.

He followed the rest of the group into the main area before locking eyes with someone he didn't expect to see anytime soon.

Dream smiled at George, glaring at the other staff before looking back at the paper he was using as if trying to distract himself.

He walked over carefully before sitting across from Dream who mumbled behind his lips. "Don't look at me, keep your eyes on your paper. Don't talk too loud, either."

George grabbed a pencil, pretending to write. "Why?" he asked in a low tone.

"I don't want you being associated with me," he replied, nervousness evident in his voice.

"Why? What did you do? Why does everyone say to stay away from you?" George asked, trying his best to focus on the paper.

"I'm the troublesome one; I've been here for years," Dream answered causing George's eyes to widen.

Years?!

"What's behind the door? The one you always disappear through?" George asked.

Dream shuffled uncomfortably. "I can't tell you."

George didn't understand.

"Clay!" one of the staff members practically yelled, causing both George and Dream to stare at him as if a deer in a headlight.

"Let's go." The staff member glared from boy to boy. Dream smiled at George before getting up and following the staff through the mysterious door.

Confused and upset, he searched for Sapnap, finding him sitting across Eret and some other boy he had yet to meet. He made his way over and the others turned towards him as if he was a invader.

"Tell me more about Dream," he whispered to the group.

Eret raised his eyebrow, glancing towards Sapnap. "He's been here for two years. Technically three since this year will be his third. Since I've been here, he's come and gone from the room from time to time." Sapnap answered, slightly anxious with answering questions.

"You really shouldn't be asking questions about Dream. Nobody talks about Dream," Eret answered, fire blazing in his eyes and his voice harsh as if it were a touchy subject.

"I know, but he seems so... broken?" George answered. Sapnap chuckled and caused Eret to give him a death glare which shut him up.

"He got himself into it! He's not a good guy, used to start fights with the staff, break rules, the works," Sapnap answered as if Dream was Satan himself.

"What?" George glared at Sapnap. He didn't see a bad guy in Dream.

"Sorry to burst your bubble." Sapnap got up leaving George and Eret alone.

"Just stay away from Dream." Eret settled with walking in the opposite direction of him. The boy who didn't say a word gave George a slight smile before turning to go after Sapnap.

He tried to make since of what they said but it wasn't easy. No one deserves isolation, no matter how many rules they broke.

George sighed, going back to coloring on a blank paper.  George followed the group to the cabins, then separated from the other to his own cabin..

________________________________

Hi! I really wish I could write Operation: but it's just too much for me at the moment. I've been better but still really emotional when it comes to Techno.. Hopefully it won't be too much longer tell I can continue with the Dreamer's final few kills. Thank y'all for understanding, Im trying my best to get out contents despite my emotions.

Stay calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

rest in power, technoblade o7

~lead editor ruby