Chapter Twenty-Seven | Scolded

George's heart dropped when he was sent back to the cabin to see all of Dream's things gone. He made his way over to Dream's bed, pulling the covers over his body. The bed held a strong scent of Dream, which was sure to fade over time.

Surely Dream will come back?

He tossed and turned all night; it had been so long since George had been in the cabin alone or without Dream as a whole. Dream promised he would protect George, but how could he protect him when he's not even around?

George was startled awake by the door opening to Bad, and he sat up. Bad came in, closing the door behind him. George would expect to be scared, but he wasn't; somehow he felt comfort in Bad.

Bad pulled up a chair in front of him and he let out a deep sigh. "I'm not supposed to tell you anything, but I couldn't just leave you in the dark; you are my friend."

George tilted his head,

What has Gibson done now?

"He's been moved." Bad spoke, letting out another quiet sigh. What Bad said was yet to register in George's mind.

"He's been moved to their partner location, Dexile Coast." With those few words, everything came crashing down. George didn't even care that Bad was hearing him sob. Bad was confused about what to do, torn between following the rules and comforting George.

Why does he always put himself in this situation?

George didn't ease up until Bad lightly hugged him for only a few moments before pulling back. "I'm sorry George." George frowned. Bad wasn't Dream; he cared about the rules.

-

Dream's cell was mostly empty; it had a hard bed, a toilet, and a bedside table, all of which were metal. Dream had never been to a prison before, but he could easily consider the room as a prison.

How is this legal?

Dream paced around the room; the area was completely silent from the possible noise in the main cell area. At least Gibson was gone, but he knew it wouldn't last long. Gibson had to have Dream to please himself. Dream decided it was best to go to sleep, since that was the only thing he could do.

-

Dream woke up to banging on his door. He pushed himself off the bed, aching from the horrible bed. One of Dream's assigned guards opened the door. "Come on."

Dream didn't fight; he just followed him as told. They exited through the first door into the main hall; all the cells were empty.

They passed through the main cell block into a large room with single chair tables; they were separated far from each other.

Dream caught Karl's eye as he sat up for a moment. "Sit down!" One of the staff members yelled at Karl, pointing the metal pole at him. Karl sat back down and stared at his desk. They must not be allowed to stand up.

Dream was jabbed by the pole coiling backwards. The guard glared at Dream, pointing at a door on the other side of the room. Dream put his head down and watched the floor as he was taken through another door and away from Karl and the other patients.

In the room, at a single chair. Dream had been put in a similar room, and he knew exactly what was about to happen.

-

Dream didn't flinch as the lashes and chants of the group of "Doctors" rained down upon him. Instead, he closed his eyes and let his mind drift to thoughts of George. He had found himself in this situation many times before, and over time he had grown accustomed to the searing pain of the whip and learned to block out the noise of the chanting.

The group finished backing away, most leaving out the door; someone walked in, and it was the first girl he had seen in a long time. He released his tight grip on the chair, turning around to sit on it.

"You come here to beat me up too?" Dream rolled his eyes. "Speak to me with respect, pretty boy," she said with a firm grip on his chin. He winced, a look of disgust flashing over his face. She walked away, still watching him out of the corner of her eye.

He turned back facing the front of the room, avoiding her lingering stare. Leg quickly bouncing as he took in his surroundings. He needed a plan to get out of here. He knew George wasn't safe there, he was failing to protect him.

Dream's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden, loud bang that made everyone flinch. "Are you faggots ready to pay attention now?!" a harsh voice demanded. "I don't know, are you pricks going to tell us why we're in a fucking prison?" Dream muttered under his breath. The woman charged over to him, grabbing his shirt. "You got something to say, boy?! You think you're funny?!" she screamed, her breath reeking of stale coffee and menthol.

Dream fell silent, taken aback by the woman's outburst. Gibson had always been tough, but he had never been yelled at like this before. "Not so tough now? I thought you were the biggest and baddest around," the woman taunted him.

Dream was broken, he missed George, he missed his friends. He didn't care about fighting the women. Dream sighed, "Please, just take me back to my room."

The girl's smirk turned into a frown, not getting the reaction she was expecting. "Fine. Get him out of here." She shooed Dream's guards away.

Dream followed him out of the room, and through the halls, Karl didn't look up as Dream passed him, clearly afraid of getting scolded again.

Once back in his room, Dream collapsed onto the hard bed, his head in his hands. Despite his hatred for Gibson, he knew that the man was his only hope of escape and return to George. Dream was willing to do whatever it took to protect the person he loved most in the world.

With no other options available, Dream lay back on his bed, trapped in his thoughts and trying to come up with a plan. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to convince Gibson to take him back to Blue Skies...

________________________________

Hey guys. I know this took a bit but that is not my fault, Ruby.. If you haven't heard, Ruby has quit being my editor, after everything Ruby has done I will not go into details of what exactly happened but they won't be editing for me but! Don't worry I got two new editors so far! Hopefully they will introduce themselves below! Love y'all really!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

Hi Everyone! My name's Han,
I'm one of the new editors for Onyx!

You can find me at hansuckss
---------
Hello! I'm Onyx's other new editor! My name is Arius, and you can find me at Ariusthebffwbd :)