Chapter Twenty-Nine | Keep Him In Line

Dream sat in his bed thinking back to George and the time they laid together, despite the rules forbidding it. He wondered how George was doing without him.

Did George miss Dream as much as Dream missed George? George felt so far away—a distant memory. It hadn't been long yet, but it hurt all the same.

He wondered about Sapnap and how he was doing with Karl away. Sapnap must be equally heartbroken. He knew now that Karl and Sapnap liked each other, and they had to be separated alongside Dream and George.

Dream could only hope that Bad was protecting George like he promised. There was no one else to protect George because everyone else was brainwashed into thinking there was something wrong with them.

He was taken out of thought when the door of his cell opened. He got up, catching the eyes of exactly who he was hoping for. "Gibson." Dream spoke with no emotion. Hiding all his rage for any chance of escaping this hell hole.

"Hello Clay," he said, stepping forward. "Your boyfriend was willing to do anything to get you back; I'm guessing you feel the same." Gibson smirked; he knew the answer.

"Yes. But George is much more important than getting out; I just want him to be safe." Dream sighed, sitting back down on his bed. "Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything to him if you cooperate."

Dream was scared; what did Gibson want that Dream didn't already give?

-

George trailed the group into the main area, where everything appeared to be proceeding as usual, but Sapnap was nowhere in sight. While he was engrossed in his own thoughts, a man with black hair came up to him looking perplexed. "Excuse me, do you happen to know anything about this place?" he inquired.

George didn't know how to react after Dream was taken away. None of the other patients were willing to approach him due to the "illness" he had.

"Um.." George stood confused for a few moments before Eret stepped forward. "Are you new?" Eret asked with confidence.

"Yeah, Zak. You can call me Skeppy, though." He was about to shake his hand when Eret pulled away. "Lesson one, Skeppy. Don't shake hands with anyone." Eret spoke with authority.

"Lesson two." Eret looked at George. "Don't talk to Sapnap, Karl, George, and especially Dream. If you want a single chance of leaving here," Eret gave George a look of guilt before looking away.

George was about to yell at his now-ex-friend, but the look that he gave him told him to stay quiet. Eret was only doing what he was told. Something happened to Eret—something to make him scared.

Skeppy turned to George, then back to Eret, nodding. "Can you give us a minute?" Eret asked, Skeppy nodded in response, going to sit at a table away from the two.

"George, I'm sorry, but for the well-being of myself, I must ask that you stay away from me; you're associated with Dream, and I can't have that." Eret sighed. Eret was much stronger than George; he couldn't hide his feelings like Eret, and tears were beginning to fill his eyes.

George knew he was right; being around George and the others would affect his wellbeing. "Okay. I will stay away." But answer this: What happened?"

"I agreed to stay away from you guys." Eret spoke in a flat voice with zero emotion. George nodded his head, stepping back and away from Eret, finally letting the tears fall once out of sight.

George had no one now.

George just wanted Dream; he didn't care about Eret, he cared about Dream. He wouldn't talk to a single other person as long as he had Dream.

George was pulled out of his thoughts by Skeppy. "What's his problem? And who is Dream?" George raised his eyebrow and asked, "Did what Eret said mean anything? You shouldn't be around me." George spoke, his voice low and heartbroken.

Skeppy tilted his head. "That's stupid; you seem fine to be around? Why does he hate you?"

"I love Dream..." Tears streamed down his swollen face. "I love him so much, and he was hurt because of me," he whispered as he sank to the floor, overcome with emotion.

Skeppy slowly sank down beside him, instinctively going to hug him before pulling his hands away "It's going to be okay." Skeppy said, his voice hushed in a quiet, comforting tone to soothe the shaking boy. "I can't live without him," George said, his voice trembling "I know.. I'm sorry." Skeppy sighed.

Skeppy was about to say something else when Dave walked over to the two giving them a hateful glare. "You two, separate!" Startled Skeppy got up almost as if he was going to smack Dave right there and then.

"Don't you see he's upset!" Skeppy snapped, the patients turned toward the yelling. Dave seemed stunned with Skeppy's response. George had a feeling that Dave wasn't told off much. "Shut your mouth before I send you to Dexile too!" Dave spat in skeppy's face.

"You fling that facility around like it would scare me but I know nothing about it!" Skeppy mocked him. Dave approached Skeppy his palm into a ball, he would have hit him too but Bad stepped in just in time. "Break it up you two, Dave, Zak is new, he's just now learning the rules." "Keep him in line, Darryl." Dave threatened walking away.

George finally let out a deep breath, he had been holding it afraid Dave would hurt George or Skeppy but Bad had stepped in just in time. "Skeppy you can't do that, Dave is not someone to be messing with." George whispered.

"He doesn't scare me," Skeppy declared, crossing his arms. "But everyone else here is afraid of him. If you push him too far, he might lash out at any one of us." George paused to consider his words. "At the moment, I need him on my side if I want any chance of getting back to Dream." Skeppy opened his mouth to reply, but George had already walked away.

skeppy a real one
- editor han