Chapter Thirty-Two | Old Lover

Karl remained huddled under his blanket, tears streaming down his face throughout the night. Thankfully, sleep eventually claimed him, leaving Dream to wrestle with his thoughts in solitude. Each time Dream attempted to find rest, he was jolted awake by the haunting visage of the woman he desperately wished to erase from his memory. These memories seemed destined to etch themselves indelibly into his tormented psyche.

The entrance doors swung open, drawing Dream's attention, yet Karl remained motionless in his slumber. A flood of memories rushed forth as Gibson appeared in the doorway. Dream struggled internally to maintain his composure, battling against an encroaching panic attack that threatened to overwhelm him. With each step Gibson took into the room, the battle within Dream intensified.

Desperate, Dream retreated toward Karl, his voice wavering as he addressed Gibson. "Gibson, why are you here? It's too soon." While ordinarily Dream would stand his ground, the mounting fear rendered him unable to hold his position against Gibson's advance.

"Clay, what has become of you? I thought you were stronger than this," Gibson taunted, reveling in Dream's sudden vulnerability. "Please, just leave me be. You've already achieved what you wanted," Dream pleaded. "Have I truly?" Gibson advanced, cornering Dream against the wall. Trapped, Dream's eyes darted around, seeking an escape.

Suddenly, out of the shadows emerged Karl, who bravely pushed Gibson away with all his might. "Stay back, Gibson! Take me instead!" Karl's voice quivered with a mixture of fear and determination as he shielded Dream.

Dream stood in stunned silence, witnessing Karl's selfless act, though fully aware of the peril he had unwittingly embraced. Regaining his composure, Dream stepped forward. "You don't need Karl. Take me. It's always been about me." His resolve was not for himself, but for Karl's safety.

Gibson's derisive laughter filled the room. "I have no interest in the weak. I've already had my dealings with George." Dream's fear ignited into a blaze of rage, dispelling the paralyzing terror. With a surge of strength, he slammed Gibson against the wall. "Shut your damned mouth!" Dream's voice seethed with fury. Gibson, taken aback by the sudden turn, shifted his demeanor.

"Easy, Clay. I haven't harmed George. Come now, Clay, before you create more problems," Gibson urged, retreating. Karl's desperate gaze implored Dream not to follow Gibson's lead, but Dream had already made his decision.

"Yes," he declared with a somber expression, trailing Gibson to his quarters. "Damn you!" Dream pushed Gibson away, met with only a chuckle in response. "Calm yourself, Clay. There's someone you'd like to reunite with."

Gibson exited, leaving Dream alone with his thoughts and a desperate urge to strategize an escape. However, his plans were abruptly interrupted when he found himself face-to-face with an unexpected figure. "Jax?" Dream's voice faltered, a mix of confusion and surprise coloring his tone.

"Hello, Clay. It's been quite a while, hasn't it?" Jax greeted with an unsettling smile, sending shivers down Dream's spine. This wasn't the person he remembered from their shared history.

"Why are you here? I thought you—" Dream began, only to be cut off by Jax. "I've improved. I've also come to assist you!" Jax's voice carried unwavering confidence, devoid of fear.

Years prior, Dream and Jax had navigated their fears, running from their past, with Dream shielding Jax during their time in exile.

"Aid? I don't require help. I thought you understood that," Dream questioned, his eyes moistening. Jax had made a pledge not to deny his identity, to embrace his true self. Now, he claimed to be "cured."

"I was young then, unsure of what lay ahead. But now I'm here, ready to lend a hand," Jax implored gently. As Jax approached, Dream recoiled. "Let me assist you," Jax urged, his words carrying an unsettling undertone.

Desperate to escape, Dream struggled against the odds, outnumbered three to one...

-

George's gaze bore into the newly installed cameras positioned around the main area. The presence of these cameras unsettled everyone, a palpable intrusion on their privacy, compounded by the fact that there were already existing cameras in place.

Skeppy's countenance twisted with evident anger; among them all, he appeared to harbor the most vehement disdain for the invasive devices. Despite his inner resistance, George found himself compelled to approach Skeppy.

"Are you holding up?" George's voice trembled with nervousness. Skeppy's attention shifted from the cameras to George, his gaze flickering only briefly. "My dad used to have cameras everywhere back home. He wouldn't let me bring a friend over without being watched, even if I wasn't interested in them."

"Why would you be here if you were being watched?" George inquired, his gaze avoiding direct contact. Skeppy's eyes remained fixed on the cameras as he responded, "I disabled the cameras and escaped to a friend's house. But no matter how hard I tried, he tracked me down and sent me here."

"I'm sorry Skeppy." George offered with genuine remorse. Skeppy nodded, his voice heavy, "He was just a friend to me, but that didn't matter to my father."

The impulse to embrace Skeppy, to offer reassurance, surged within George. Yet, he couldn't deceive or feign comfort. Even a simple hug felt beyond reach.

George managed a faint smile as he rose from his seat. He understood he shouldn't be seeking out Dream, shouldn't even be contemplating his presence. But he couldn't help it. Dream's absence loomed in his thoughts, a persistent void that couldn't be ignored.

What more could they want from Dream?

George's sense of hopelessness weighed heavily on him. He couldn't make inquiries without drawing Dave's attention, who watched him with a critical gaze from across the room, waiting for any misstep.

His heart yearned for Dream's presence, for that comforting assurance he used to find in the corner of his eyes, even as they navigated their forced separation.

Restless and unwilling to remain isolated, George approached Karl, who rested his head on the table. "Karl?" George's voice was a gentle murmur. Karl remained still, his words barely audible. "What do you want?" Weariness and sadness were palpable in his tone.

"Have you managed to get any sleep?" George's concern broke the silence. Karl's response was sharp, his fatigue evident. "Does it look like I have?" Their eyes met briefly, revealing Karl's swollen eyes and the telltale signs of sleep deprivation.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Karl, but there's something I need to tell you," George spoke cautiously, wary of Karl's reaction. Karl didn't snap this time. "Sapnap struck a deal—to keep his distance from you, so you could return to Blue Skies."

Karl shook his head, skepticism etched on his face. "He wouldn't do that," Karl grumbled, his disbelief apparent. "He would do anything for you, just as I would," George reassured, a small smile forming.

"Both Dream and I are committed to keeping you safe. I promise," George's words carried a sincere vow.

________________________________

Hello! Been playing the crafts on Lost DreamSMP and streaming tons! I hope to have a decent comeback soon but honestly I don't know. I'm trying to reorganize my old and new room while making time to craft and play with my friends. Regardless love y'all!

Stay calm, Stay alive
Onyx

karl just like me fr
- editor han