Chapter Twenty-Three | Aftermath

George curled into a ball, letting his aching body rest. When Dream was strong enough to move his limbs he crawled over to George, pulling him toward him. The two laid there in silence.

Dream eventually pulled him into his lap. George panted, crying into Dream's arms.

"Shh... I got you, everything will be okay," Dream murmured as George's  chest rose and fell with every painful breath he let out. Dream rocked George back and forth in his arms.

He had long gotten used to the pain that came with rape, but he could never forget the first time he was dragged to bed by Gibson. George was sure to never forget either.

Dream stumbled over to George's clothes without dropping him. He sat down next to the shirt letting George rest back down on his lap.

Dream grabbed it. "Let me get this back on."

George nodded his head. Dream put it over his back before pulling his arm into the sleeve. He turned George over gently, doing the same on the other side. He gripped his shirt, re-buttoning it.

He grabbed his pants and underwear, then moved George from his lap to resting his head on Dream's chest. He was able to pull his underwear and pants it up onto his waist, but had to get George to lift himself up so he could get it over his butt.

"Can you push onto your knees so I can get these on?" Dream asked. George nodded his head.

George struggled on shaky legs. Dream pulled his pants and underwear back on, ignoring the mess for the time being. George laid back down on Dream's chest, shaking.

George let the exhaustion get the better of him. He closed his eyes, feeling safe with Dream.

The two stayed there until the door opened. Dream stared at them, preparing to attack when he realized that Bad was standing there, confused. Dream didn't move merely, stared him down with fire in his eyes.

"I'm here to take you back to your cabin," Bad said, confused about Dream's hostility.

Dream could only guess by the confused look on Bad's face that he had no clue what had went down just a few hours prior. 

He tore his gaze away from Bad and onto George who had his eyes shut. He shook him slightly. George jumped, looking around in a panicked confusion.

"George shh, it's just me. You're okay." Dream wrapped his hands around George, pulling him onto his lap. George's whole body shook, terrified, and he grasped onto Dream as if his life depended on it.

Even though Bad had nothing to do with the event, George was still afraid of what he might do. Dream rubbed his back, trying to calm him down, but he was so scared...

Bad's eyes softened. "Is he okay?" 

"Shut it. You're already scaring him," Dream snapped, bearing his teeth. Bad took that as a cue to shut up. He just watched the two.

Dream pushed himself off the ground, taking George's frail body with him. He whimpered, snuggling deeper into his chest. Dream adjusted George in his grip before staring Bad down. Wordlessly, he turned toward the door gripping the door knob and twisting it.

Bad led the way while Dream followed, holding a balled-up George in his arms, challenging fire in his gaze.

When they exited the halls and passed out into the main area, all eyes were on them. Some had confused looks on their faces, and some had their jaws dropped at the fact Dream was touching George, carrying him even.