Chapter Nineteen | Pretend

George hurried down the hallways as quickly as he could. He needed to find Dream. He knew it was a bad idea and he knew what he was getting himself into, but accepted it.

He glanced through the various rooms looking for Dream. When he didn't find him, he almost gave up until he heard the stern voice of Gibson.

Taking a heavy breath, he followed the sound.

Every bone in his body was telling him to turn away and run in the opposite direction, but he couldn't make himself leave Dream.

George pulled the door open.

His eyes widened.

Gibson and Dream stopped what they were doing. Dream moved off the bed and hurried over to George.

"What the hell!" Gibson leapt out of bed, glaring at George, then Dream. He approached George, which caused Dream to push him behind his back.

"Don't," Dream warned.

"He can't get away without punishment. Get out of the way, Clay!" Gibson snapped.

But he stood his ground. "I will take him back to his cabin, and I promise he won't tell anyone what he saw." Dream didn't allow his fear of the position or what George saw when he entered the room to get to him.

Gibson snarled, clutching Dream by the collar. He reacted quickly, pinning Gibson against the wall. He was a few inches taller than Gibson, giving him the advantage.

He forced his way past Dream, attempting to grab onto George, but Dream was swift, throwing Gibson against the wall.

"Don't touch him!" Dream yelled.

Gibson looked from Dream to George. George was startled but didn't allow himself to get phased.

"Get him out of here," Gibson snapped. Dream nodded quickly, walking backward, urging George towards the bathroom.

Dream locked the door before turning to George. "What the hell are you thinking?" he uttered once the two were alone.

"I wasn't! It was a last-minute decision!" George held his forehead.

Dream shook his head, running his hand through his messy hair. "What am I supposed to do now? I can't be around to protect you! He'll hurt you for this. He knows you know now."

George shook his head. "I know, I know..."

He let loose, trying to get his emotions back in check. "We have to get you out of here."

"I'm not leaving you here! Not with him!"

"You have no choice in the matter! You have to leave!" Dream got himself back together before dragging George out of the bathroom.

Gibson locked eyes with George. He was irritated and was caught red-handed in a situation he never thought he would be in.

"I'm taking him back to his cabin, then I'll come back." Dream turned back to George, his face gleaming red with anger.

"You son of a bitch!" George hollered as Dream forced him away.

"George! Let's go." Dream grabbed his arm, but George flung his arm out of his grasp.

"No! He won't get away with this, you sick bastard!" He turned to Gibson, but he was blocked again.

"George, calm down!" He tried to calm George, but he was centered on Gibson and only him.

"I'm done standing by and letting this happen! You say you're trying to fix us when you're a faggot just like us!" George screamed, prompting Gibson to push past Dream and slam George against the wall.

Dream responded quickly, pulling Gibson off George. "Calm down! Both of you!" Dream held Gibson and George back from killing each other.

"Get him out of here before I beat the shit out of him!" Gibson shouted.

He hurtled at him again. Dream pushed him away harder. "No! We are leaving now!"

Dream forced George out of the door. "Are you an idiot? Gibson can kill you and get away with it!" Dream spoke to George as soon as they were out of Gibson's earshot.

"He can't keep getting away with this! We have to tell someone, anyone!"

"As far as anyone is concerned, it's all a part of the treatment," Dream breathed.

Several men arrived, glaring at the two. Dream tried to keep his composure as he spoke. "I'm taking him to his cabin, I got Gibson's permission." The men glared at each other before letting the two pass.

As they exited the hall, all eyes were on them, and Sapnap appeared frightened and hurried over to the two. "What the hell happened?"

"George was an idiot, and I'm taking him back to his cabin." Dream gestured for George to follow him. One of the staff members led them out of the main area and towards the cabins. When they arrived at the cabin, they were locked in by the staff member. Dream let out a staggered breath, sitting down on his bed.

"What are we going to do? Gibson is probably planning his next steps right now." Dream held his head.

George sat next to Dream. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you into this situation. I just panicked." He glanced him over. "Are you okay?"

Dream turned towards George, searching his for answers. Dream sighed, laying back in the bed. "You weren't supposed to see that."

"I didn't want to believe you."

Dream pulled George into his arms, brushing his hair from his eyes. "I know, I try to pretendㅡ" he hesitatedㅡ "that nothing is happening"

George finally let his body relax. "I wish I could stop him."

"You did, but doing so risked your safety."

"I know." George looked away from Dream. He could see in Dream's eyes that he was exhausted after what he experienced. He had every right to be.

"Sleep, Dream, you've been through enough." George rubbed his arm. Dream searched George's eyes, giving him a slight smile. "I'll listen for the door and wake you up when they come back". He nodded and didn't resist. He was tired, and laying with George relaxed his once stiff body. George watched as Dream grew quiet.

George kissed his arm, allowing him to relax. Yet, he stayed alert in case one of the staff members knocked on the door and he had to wake Dream up.

He had to come up with some kind of plan, some way to punish Gibson for all he had done. However, all George could do was be there for Dream.

________________________________

Guess who is back! For a bit at least! My first senior year semester is ending, and Winter break is starting, so hopefully, I have more time to write! I've also been working on getting all my books on A03 as well. I promise I'm not dead, just very, very busy! Love y'all!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive

Onyx

oh crap

~lead editor ruby