Chapter Eleven | Secrets

Dream avoided George's eyes. "It doesn't matter."

He had been trying anything to get more information out of Dream, but he kept complaining that he was tired and just wanted sleep.

"You can't just keep this to yourself anymore." George tried to understand but he just couldn't.

"I know," Dream sighed. "I know I can't. But you're not even supposed to know about it."

This was the exact reason he'd been avoiding telling George anything. It frustrated him.

"How often has this been happening?" George asked gently.

Dream shook his head.

"Dream... It's been hours'; we're getting nowhere," George groaned.

"And it will stay that way. You're wasting your time." Dream crossed his arms.

"I'm just trying to help," he started.

"I get that, but talking about it won't make it better." He rolled over, his back to George.

However, he wasn't done and left his bed, heading over to Dream. He turned around catching George's eyes questioning why he was out of his bed.

"Please. I'm just trying to understand." He sat down on the edge of his bed.

"You know about it. Isn't that enough?"

"Answer one more question, and then I'll leave you alone for the rest of the night."

Dream considered this option, then reluctantly nodded. Anything to get his prying questions away, even for a little while.

"How often?" George repeated.

"It depends." Dream avoided George's gaze, possibly hiding the pain that he kept locked in.

"Then what's the usual?" he asked, trying to get more details.

"Weekly. I'm not sure," Dream answered picking at his fingers.

Then it snapped in George's mind. "You don't come 'till late every night. Is it daily?"

"No... Sometimes I just can't stay in the cabin. Sometimes I'm in the suicide room, other times..." He trailed off, then switched the topic. "No, not daily. Can we stop talking about this now?"

George nodded a bit reluctantly. "I'm sorry, I don't understand. I can survive without you, you don't have to. You shouldn't be okay with it."

Dream gave him a slight smile. "I've never had a friend before."

George had friends, but none that he really liked or felt like they really cared about him. So he understood Dream's struggle, but that wasn't a valid reason to let him do it. "That's not.. This shouldn't be happening. You shouldn't be letting it happen."

"It is what it is," Dream concluded.

George shook his head. He reached out for Dream's hand, but he instantly scurried away. "We're alone; no one's gonna see. Not unless there are cameras."

He felt safe in Dream's grasp, and he had barely touched anyone since he joined the program and he was missing the touch. "I'm not supposed to..." Dream's eyes saddened.

"Then how... Why can't you?" George asked.

"Gibson. He wouldn't be happy—I can't—" Dream tried his hardest to seem strong, but he was falling apart and all George wanted to do was hug him.

"Then what about a hug?" George gave him a smile to reassure him.

"Not even the briefest of handshakes..." Dream repeated as if it was drilled into his brain.

"Work with me Dream. You can't let Gibson control your life like this. It's not okay. Please, whatever I can get—" George tried.

"No, not tonight. Just go back to bed."

George didn't want to give up but Dream needed space.

He got off Dream's bed, making his way to his own. He got under the covers, but when he looked over, Dream had turned away from him.

-

George watched Dream to make sure he wouldn't fall. Luckily, he'd gotten some of his strength back and was a lot more alert.

When they arrived to the main, room George saw the staff just waiting for Dream to arrive so they could snatch him. He didn't want them to take his friend. He couldn't let it happen.

George tried to find some kind of escape, but it was impossible. Dream, however, kept his head low. He peeked up when he was approached by the staff, then gave George a slight smile before going with the staff. Gibson was still nowhere to be seen.

George was restless until he went back to his cabin. He was afraid of what they would do to Dream. He had just barely started to heal and now he'd probably going to come back beaten and bruised.

George waited, but Dream never came. He tried to keep calm, but it was nearly impossible because he knew what was going on behind the scenes. George was tempted to ask the staff about Dream, but he knew better than that. So instead he made his way over to Sapnap who was sitting alone.

Sapnap looked confused and tried not to mind his presence.

"Do you know what they are doing to Dream?" George whispered, not even looking at Sapnap so they thought he wasn't talking to him.

"How many time do I need to tell you? Stay. Away. From. Dream," Sapnap argued, frustrated.

"They're hurting him! He has bruises all over himself," George snapped, his tone hardly above a whisper.

"Dream lies," Sapnap said in a calm tone, understanding that George was frustrated.

"No, he's not, I saw it." George spoke quickly, shutting his mouth but it was too late.

"You what?!" Sapnap screeched, which got the attention of the staff. He quickly apologized. "Sorry." Everything went back to normal before he continued. "You saw Dream shirtless?" Sapnap whispered in shock.

George had gotten himself into quite a mess, now he had to explain himself. "I saw him with bruises when I went through the back doors, then I asked him about it, then he showed me."

"I know I shouldn't have but, they are hurting him a lot." George went with that instead of going into details.

"I should tell on you.. but I won't." Sapnap whispered. "You might be right, but keep this information to yourself. If they figure out you know it could end bad."

________________________________

Sad chapter this book is just going to be filled with angst so sorry! Love y'all :P

Stay calm, Stay alive
Onyx

hehe angst that's my specialty ;)

~lead editor ruby