3. Let's become forever

That question caught her off guard. She knew this was coming but she still found herself unprepared. Y/n just stayed silent earning a sigh from the person beside her.

"Tell me? Why are you so quiet?" He asks, looking for her to answer.

"I-I don't know," she says as she looks down at her lap.

He again sighs, "Will you please stop saying that you don't know? Look at me and reply properly," he says.

"W-Why do you wanna know?" She asks getting anxious while still looking at her lap.

"Let's say...I'm curious. Now, will you tell me?" He asks tilting his head a bit and looking at her innocently.

She was feeling anxious inside. She wasn't sure what he might do if her answer didn't satisfy him. She gulps, gathers up her courage, and turns to face him.

When she looked at him her heart skipped a beat. He looked so pure and innocent that her heart started to get warm. She never relized how gorgeous he looked up this close. 

It looked like he had little stars captured in his eyes. They were so beautiful and dreamy. Look at them for too long and you might get lost in them.

She tried to keep it together and took a deep breath.

"You were always alone. Never talked to others. Others also maintained their distance from you. I was curious to know why.

I don't know why I used to stare at you. It just became a habit of mine unknowingly. At first, it was because I wanted to know more about you from afar.

I wanted to be your friend. I don't even know how many times I've tried to approach you and stopped in the middle.

But then it became a habit. I didn't want to but for some unknown reason, I just couldn't stop. I...felt connected to you. You are the only person that reminds me of myself.

You're just so different from others. That made me curious about you. You looked lonely. I felt we could be friends," she finishes.

"Then why didn't you approach me?" He asks curiously.

"I was scared. Scared of you. Moreover, it looked like you weren't interested in making friends. It seemed you don't need friends. It looked like you didn't even like the people around you. You hate everyone.

That's why I used to stare at you. You could say I was trying to observe you," she completes.

He felt an unknown feeling sit up in his heart. He was touched by her words. He didn't think she put so many thoughts into just staring at him.

He never imagined her settling down the situation with so many words. He is nothing to her and yet she felt connected. Has anyone ever tried to think of him in that way?

He felt emotional by her statements. But then again each time he felt this was the right person they stabbed him brutally. Till he lost his faith in genuine friendship.

She might be acting nice to him now but in the future, she might turn out to be the one to ignore him just like how others did. Or even worse. She might betray him.

But if she is genuinely being nice then being with him will only hurt her. Others will also start to ignore her. She might get bullied because of him.

Such things have become so common in his life yet he still couldn't get used to it. He doesn't want his heart which is way too fragile to take these emotions to get hurt once again.

Because if that happens again he will break from inside and will never be able to conceal the broken pieces together ever again.

He can't give in to her sweet words like this. He doesn't want to be but he needs to be cold.