19. Dating craze

Pretty much half of the year has passed. It's funny how time flies by so fast without notice. They have gotten closer to each other, more than they could've imagined. They are pretty good friends now as some may say. 

After the sports day ends with no regrets left behind, their exams take place. Ever since then, they've been busy. They spend the month studying and preparing for the exams. Later coming back to the comfort of their home with exhaustion over their shoulders after each exam.

Just yesterday was their last day of exam which was why they were happy; since it's been a while they've relaxed. After their exams, the school announced 2 days of holiday for rest which they thought was a great opportunity for them.

Today they were as usual hanging out in the living room. They're talking about this and that. Though mostly they just silently sit around without uttering a word because they don't have anything to talk about, today somehow they had a lot to talk about.

Y/n was comfortably sitting on the couch that backfaced their kitchen. Taehyung was sitting at the right end and Y/n was at the left end of the couch. She was wearing a grey hoodie and black shorts while Taehyung wore a similar-looking hoodie with grey sweatpants. Their hoodies were similar because Y/n bought them the other day when she went shopping.

It's been a bit chilly recently due to the rainy weather. But since Y/n doesn't like wearing sweatpants she instead wore shorts. But of course, she still needed something to protect her legs from the cold, so for that she used a soft white blanket to cover her lower part.

"Taehyung-ah," she calls.

"What is it now?" He asks looking up from his phone and then at her.

It's been like this. After talking about a topic they get back to stare at their phones. Then suddenly one of them comes up with another topic and the gossip train starts again. This was their 5th time today.

"Who was that girl?" She asks raising her eyebrow.

He frowns and looks at her with a confused look.

"What girl?" He asks, genuinely confused.

She crosses her leg in a sitting position and turns her body towards his direction to face him with a curious glare.

"The girl who came to a fool like you to ask for notes," she says in a slightly mocking tone.

"Oh, she's in our class. I don't know her name though," he says with a shrug.

She facepalms and sighs, "She is Aera. Do you know what that means? Love~" She says in a playful tone.

"Yeah so?" He asks still confused.

"You're such a fool!" She says hitting his head.

"Ow! Why did you hit me?" He asks showing a sad pout.

"Did you really not notice that she was flirting with you?" She asks raising her eyebrows at him.

Taehyung gets expressionless for a moment as if he is thinking. Suddenly his eyes widen, indicating he understood. Later his mouth agaps and he covers it with his right hand, indicating he was surprised.

"How did you know?" He asks getting curious. He left his phone on the couch, both of his palms rests on top of the couch as he leans closer to her.

"I saw you two. She was playing with her hair. It was so obvious," she says showing a playful smile.

Despite her pointing out what made her so sure he still seemed conflicted.

"Wait, how do you play with your hair? How is that flirting..." He questions, still stuck.