♬ 44 ♬

Jay's pov

I was busy cooking the last things in the kitchen when Heeseung said that Niki came back to the dorms. As I've been doing for a while, I stayed quiet and kept doing my thing, not until I felt a pair of arms around my waist.
"Babe? W-why are you here? I thought that it was Niki who came home" I said turning off the stove and returning the hug.
"He's showering right now. And what do you mean, why am I here? Can't I visit my boyfriend?" She snuggled her head on the crook of my neck.

"You got here with him?" I said as I started putting on the table what I just finished cooking.
"Yeah, we also talked at the company. We're all good now" she said smiling brightly.
"I'm happy to hear that babe. Can you help me with this?"
She nodded and started preparing the plates for everyone.
"Maybe you should call the guys too" and so she went.

Niki's pov

"It looks like we have a married couple here taking care of us" I heard Sunghoon say teasingly as I entered the kitchen after I finished showering.
"Come here, Mini Jackson. Let's start eating!" My sister said pulling me to sit between her and Sunoo and we all started eating.
"So you two are good now?" Heeseung asked looking at me and my sister.

"Yes, hyung. We are"
"Sorry again for causing trouble guys" she said.
"Aish Nimi! Enough with saying sorry. Let's just enjoy our early Christmas celebration!" Jungwon said.
While eating I was still thinking about how to approach Jay.
"Niki eat first. You'll talk to him later, hmkay?" Jake said and I just nodded.
"Yeah let's just talk after the food. No worries"

No hyung, there are worries.
I acted so horribly towards both of you, hyung...

After we were done eating, we all stood up to start cleaning up. It was the maknae line's turn to do that.
"It's ok, Riki, go talk to him. Jungwon, Sunoo, and I can manage this. Don't worry"
"Are you sure, Ocean?"
"Just go. I'm sure he missed you" she said smiling.
"Just leave cmon!"
"Stop with the drama, Niki!" Sunoo and Jungwon said teasing me.

I went in front of his shared room with Jake and knocked before going inside.
"Niki..."
"Jay hyung..."
"I'm sorry" we said in unison.
"Can I talk first?" He asked and I just nodded.
"Just sit there and get comfy" he said pointing to the chair in front of their table there and he sat on his bed.

"Look Niki, I'm sorry that I hid from you my feelings for your sister... I really like her, like a lot, and I would dare to say that I already love her... We never really wanted to hide it, Niki, especially to you. We just chose to be careful and sadly timing wasn't in our favor. We confessed to each other back in February but it wasn't until we got covid that we got together officially"

"We wanted to tell you but we knew how you'd react and at the time we had upcoming promotions. So your sister preferred to not tell you yet but then after those promotions, we got informed about our first repackage album... It was never our intention to hide it from you, I swear. But we still ended up causing the trouble we were avoiding since the beginning. I'm sorry..."

"And if you worry about how I act towards her, I can promise you that I've been doing and I'll keep on doing everything to make her happy, like the queen she is and with all the love she deserves... You're her brother and I'm just telling you this cuz uhm... Ahh, fuck- Yeah uhm I'm done... You can talk now. I should stop blabbering" He said facepalming which made me chuckle.

"Jay hyung it's ok, I can tell how fond of each other you two are and if Ocean is happy with you, then I'm happy for you both. Also, I'm sorry for acting so immaturely these past weeks and especially for taking out all my stress on you, hyung. Even all the stress that doesn't have any connection to this... I'm sorry for treating you like a punching bag and acting like a brat"

"I should've acted more maturely, listen to your explanations and talk it out properly, instead of grumping like a kid. I'm very sorry, hyung" I finished saying as I looked at the floor.
"Niki... Don't say that. You're still young, you don't always have to act mature. It was a normal response to a situation like that, hmkay? Don't blame yourself too much. We also have a part in this" he said laughing a bit.

"Thank you, hyung. You're the best"
"It's nothing, Niki, really. Let's just promise to each other to promote our repackage album to its best" he said getting up to hug me.
"Yes, hyung! But, I'll still keep an eye on you two"
"Can't do anything about it, can I?"
"Absolutely nope, hyung"