♬ 46 ♬

Right then, it was time for the countdown.
"5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" We all screamed as we all jumped standing up.
"Happy new year, my Daeyangie"
"Happy new year, Jongseongie" I said back as he gave me a quick peck and I saw Juyeon covering my brother's eyes.

We were now chilling on our own and Jay brought me in his room and we were cuddling before I have to leave their dorms for my flight.
"Here, a small gift, before we go to sleep. Your flight is this afternoon" he said putting something on my hand.
It was a necklace with a ring pendant.
"It's my favorite ring, in case you miss me too much, and you can also bring my Dior perfume. I know you love it"

"Dumbass, it's just two weeks. Seems like you're the one who'll miss me more" I said teasing him.
"You sure you don't want one of my hoodies instead?" I finished off laughing.
"Oh shut up! What time are you gonna leave?"
"Hm, I don't know, maybe at 3 am. Just the time to talk about the last things with Riki and talk with our parents and Sola as well"

"Hmkay, and your flight?"
"6 in the evening but we'll be at Incheon by lunch time"
"Message me before you leave and right after you land" he said caressing my thigh, which meant one thing.
"It'll be just two weeks. If you're like this now, how will you handle once I debut and we'll have our own tours and stuff?" I said looking at him.

"Yeah I know, I know... but let me just be clingy this once" and I just chuckled at his statement.
"Fine. By the way, I'm truly gonna take your perfume. I don't care if I'm gonna smell like a rich old man in his fifties"
"Is this how you describe that Dior?"
"Absolutely yes"

After my brother and I finished talking with our family, I said bye to everyone and left their dorm with Jay walking me off to mine. Once in front of it he stopped walking.
"You know? The peck after the countdown left me hanging" he said as he immediately pulled me closer and placed his lips on mine.
He started it off slow and sweetly but once I kissed back, he went deeper and sucked a bit on my lip asking for entrance.

Before we knew it, we were having a heated make out session in the first and cold night of January.
Couple of minutes later we parted from each other catching our breaths.
"You'll really miss me this much?"
"Yes. So damn much. But have fun in LA, you and the girls"
"We'll surely do"
"And don't stay too close to the boys"

"Jay- They're literally our friends-" I said emphasizing the 'our'.
"Yes, and Yixiang was your bias"
At this point I just hit his arm.
"Are you really this stupid? I like you and only you, hmkay? And Nicho is like a brother to me just like the other three, especially Taki"
"Fine, fine. I'll miss you"
"Hm, I know"
"Take care"
"Hm, I will"

"Don't overwork"
"Hm, I won't"
"Call me when you can"
"Hm, I will"
"Text me too"
"Hmkay"
"I love you"
"Hm, I lov- HEY! I WANTED TO BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT!"
"Too late, babe" he said hugging me.

"Aish- Just go back to your dorms! Imma go finish preparing my bags"
"Goodnight Babe"
"Night Jjong"
"Have a safe flight. Love you"
"Love you too, now go and rest"
He finally started walking back to his dorm.

"Ready girls?" Nayeon asked before our boarding.
"Yes, unnie! I'm so excited!" Minah said.
"Can't wait to eat real America food" Sehyeol said.
"I'm looking forward to seeing the boys most and obviously attend those workshops!" I said.
"Remember to focus once there, hmkay? We have only two weeks and then, once back, we'll have our debut evaluation" Eunwoo stated.

"Oppa said to do the last calls now cuz we'll board in about 15 minutes" Haneul said coming back to her seat next to mine.
"Ok, thanks" I said before getting up and dialing a number.
"Dae?"
"Jjong, they told us to make our last calls before the flight"
"Oh it's already 5pm? Sorry, I was in my studio at home"
"Did I interrupt you?"

"Nope, I was just writing down some lyrics"
"Oh I see, those you've been working on since last month?"
"Yup! I think I'm almost done and I even thought of the base for it. I might make an entire song"
"Oh? Looking forward to be the first to listen to it!"
"Obviously, babe"
"Well, remember your dinner, hmkay?"

"Yeah, my mom prepared dinner but I forgot to remember her that you were leaving, so I brought Niki with me instead"
"Nice to hear"
"We went bowling right after we woke up"
"Hope you two enjoyed"
"Oh he surely did. I was sleepy but I think he needed some distractions"
"Thank you, babe, for always taking care of Riki"

"You know that he's always been like a sibling to me. It's not a big deal" I heard him chuckle.
"Well, I think I have to go. They'll open the gates soon and we'll have to board"
"Have a safe flight, babe"
"And you enjoy your time with your mom"
"Sure, she can't wait to meet you though"
"Hm, maybe when I'm back?"

"Won't you be busy with your debut evaluation by then?"
"We will have a break after it. If I'm not wrong, it'll be two days" I just heard him hum in response.
"Well, I have to go now"
"Once again, safe skies"
"Mhm, see you in 13 hours. Love you"
"Love you too"
I ended the call and went to the girls again before picking up my suitcase and queueing for the boarding.