002, bonfire

AROUND 7 PM, carolina and daniel came over to get the boys. carolina was in a short lilac colored dress and sandals she could easily take off at the beach. susannah and laurel were in the living room when they came. the two siblings came in dancing in excitement for the party.
"hello!" the siblings exclaimed as they saw the two moms in the living room.

"wow, where are you guys going so dance-y?" susannah asked as steven and jeremiah joined the group. "a little party with some friends down at the beach. it's gonna be so much fun." daniel said and the boys nodded in their button up shirts.

"where's conrad? he's coming with us too." carolina asked.

"good take him, please. get him out of the moody state is in. he should be out there by the pool." susannah pointed. the four nodded and went outside by the pool. "first bonfire of the summer!" the boys and care laughed.

"all right, we're totally taking my car. you're not driving." jeremiah said swinging his keys on his pointer finger and pointing to steven. "oh great so you're dd?" she asked and jeremiah nodded "finally!" she said in excitement.

"come on, man, we're leaving. you ready?" steven said to conrad. belly was swimming in the pool and conrad had his legs dangling in the water as he smoked. "can i come, too?" belly asked and steven told her she could not.

"the moms are getting everything set up for your movie night." jeremiah said pointing back to the house. conrad stood up and started following them. "let's go, slow poke." jeremiah said.

"have fun with the moms!"

"bye, belly." carolina smiled and waved to her. conrad had a blunt and carolina grabbed it and took a hit. "since when did you smoke, huh?" conrad asked and carolina shrugged "never, i just wanted to try it and now it's mine." she ran to the car with it and conrad chased after her.

belly watched conrad run after her. she sighed and went back to swimming in the pool.

carolina was hanging out with all the country club kids she knew from the previous years

carolina was hanging out with all the country club kids she knew from the previous years. she joined the country club after susannah showed it to her mom. the rich country club kids were all catching up with each other and drinking. carolina and daniel somewhat fit into that "rich kid" crowd. at the same time, she found some of them to be really arrogant.

"fuck you!" a familiar voice shouted making people 'ooh'. carolina turned around spotting belling in a pink dress similar to hers. she wondered what she was doing here. belly never went to parties in the summer. she went to walk up to steven who had his arms around shayla, a friend of hers.

"shayla! i missed you." she exclaimed hugging the girl being careful not to spill her drink.

"ugh! me too! we have so much to talk about. we have to hang sometime this week at the country club i have to show you this new designer i've been working with." shayla said and she agreed. "hey, steven. why is belly here? more important question, how did she get here?" she asked.

"some gas station dude asked her this morning. yeah, he just found out that she was 15. also i still don't know how she got here." steven said "i'm taking her home soon."

the three teens head turned when they heard conrad shouting at someone. they sighed "jesus, it's the first night and he's getting into a fight." carolina said as they all walked over closer to the scene.

"what's your problem, man. it's one beer. it's a party, relax." the other boys said with the drink in his hand. "no, give me my beer back. i paid for this." conrad said as nicole tried to push conrad back.

"stop, you're drunk, just give him the beer." she said getting between the two of them.

"maybe you should listen to your lady." the boy said and conrad scoffed "no, i'm fine. i'm fine." he said as the boys started arguing and basically playing tug of war with the can of beer. belly walked up and the boy punched belly in the cheek, sending her into the sand.

the boys continued to push and shove each other. carolina was going to walk up, but steven pulled her back, he didn't want her to get hurt. "hold this." jeremiah said handing steven his drink, he walked up and pushed the two boys away from each other.

suddenly, blue lights flashed and everyone was sent into a panic.

"cops!" a girl shouted and everyone ran along with the boys and shayla. they all split in different directions. carolina found jeremiah and conrad. "hey carebear." conrad drunkenly waved at her.

"hi, connie." she said as jeremiah motioned for her to help him. she pulled conrad's arm around her and the two had to take him to the car. "i can walk perfectly fine, i can." conrad said as jeremiah looked at her to let him go. "nope." he said losing his balance going up the hill of sand.

"that's what i thought." she said as they put him back on their shoulders.

when they got to the car, she let go and opened the door so jeremiah could help him. she got in the back seat before conrad to assist him again. "come on. get in the car. watch your head. legs, legs." jeremiah instructed him.

"yes, i know how to get into a car." conrad huffed. carolina reached over and pulled his seatbelt on. "belly. let's go. get in." jeremiah said getting in the drivers seat and buckling in.

"cam can give me a ride home. right, cam?" belly said and the boy nodded "yes, that's no problem." he said.

"no, you're not gonna get in a car with a guy you just met." jeremiah scoffed. "i'm cam. cameron." the boy introduced himself, with his arm extended.

"you're name is cam cameron?" jeremiah asked as conrad looked at carolina and rolled his eyes. he leaned his head on her shoulder because he was getting tired and wanted to just leave the place.

"no, it's just cam." he said retracted his hand and looked in the back seat. "oh, hey i know you. you go to the county club every summer. it's carolina?" he said and she nodded.

"yeah. nice to see you cam."

"but belly and i, we actually know each other. seventh grade. latin convention. so, like, we're not total strangers." cameron explained and jeremiah scoffed again. "okay, but no offense, but no, belly get in the car."

"just get in the car." conrad said. cameron and belly talked for a bit and belly kissed him. "ugh right here?" conrad whispered to carolina, making her laugh. she got in the car and jeremiah started the car and started to pull out. "fuck! steven and daniel!" jeremiah shouted.

"you guys watch conrad." he said and the two girls nodded. he got out of the car and ran to get them. carolina leaned her head on conrad's head, which was still on her shoulder. "you smell really good."

"tha—" belly said but stopped when she realized he wasn't talking to her.

"thanks." carolina said "it's—"

there was a knock on the window "have you kids been drinking?" the officer asked

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
i feel bad for cameron 😭