008, kind of really sucks

THEY MADE IT to nicole's house, which was a short drive away from the fisher's house.  carolina and the boys got to the party in jeremiah's car. jeremiah trusted carolina to drive his car for ten minutes to the party. "yes! zero scratches or dents made." carolina said after she had to parallel park on the street.

"huh, she's not as bad as i thought she was at driving." jeremiah said as they got out. "told ya," she said as she threw the keys to him and walked to the house.

carolina walked around the party saying hi to all her friends from the country club and some she's made over the past few years at the beach. since carolina and conrad were the same age, they had a lot of friends in common at the party. they stood with some of their friends talking and drinking.

"so...belly you live with conrad. you should know what he's up to. has he been hanging out with other girls this summer?" marisa asked belly as the girls stood by the deb table.

"uh...no. he's always off by himself. if he's not off by himself, then he's always with carolina. they talk a lot with each other."

"they're the same age, it makes perfect sense," gigi said and some of the girls didn't agree.

"didn't shayla say she was with fisher boy?" marisa asked and the girls chuckled. "oh yeah, it's definitely him." gigi said and nicole rolled her eyes. now she knew why conrad told her that he didn't want to see her anymore.

they changed to the topic to the ball and how belly was going to ask cameron.

the girls conversation seemed to fade away as belly looked over to where conrad and carolina were. they were laughing as one of their friends tilted their head all the way back and their other friend poured beer in this mouth. conrad tapped her on the shoulder and said something to her. they both waved to their friends and walked away together.

belly had wondered where they were going. to a bedroom? to leave the party entirely? she wanted to know where they went together. it seemed like carolina was the only one person he wanted to hang out with.

they actually went to go and play beer pong outside. while they were setting up, jeremiah and cameron came up to them and wanted to play. "you guys missed a performance of a lifetime." cameron said as they filled the cups with liquid.

"oh yeah, trust me, i know we could hear you guys from here." carolina said as she grabbed a ping pong ball. "also jeremiah is gonna drink for me. i don't drink." cameron said and carolina nodded in understanding.

"carolina, go first." conrad said and she nodded. she aimed for a cup in the middle of the triangle. she threw it and it went straight in. "look at the flick of the wrist, drink up jeremiah." she said and he sighed grabbing the cups.

they continued playing and chatted as they played.

"hey—um care, does you back hurt?" jeremiah asked and her face turned in confusion. she mouthed a 'what' to him. "you know, from carrying your team?" cameron and jeremiah busted into laughter from the other side of the table. conrad looked down "i'm not that bad."

"hey, conrad is pretty good." carolina said.

"pretty good? i'm amazing at this, carolina." conrad said and jeremiah nodded "keep telling yourself that." he said and conrad flipped him off.

"wait, cam. have you started the waltz lessons yet? ms. covington is a real sadist." conrad asked as cam drank his water "who you talking about?" cam asked.

"the dance teacher for the ball."

"oh belly hasn't really asked me yet."

"oh, dude. i'm sure she will. trust me." jeremiah said slinging an arm around cam's shoulder. cam threw a ball and it bounced off the cup "ah that was close. all right, ready?" jeremiah asked as he watched carolina aim the ball as belly came out. she threw the ball and it still went in. "yes!"

"hi." belly said as jeremiah gasped "belly! hi! where have you been?" he asked hugging her.

"yeah. um—i thought you didn't drink." belly said pointing to cameron's solo cup that was filled with water "oh, it's water. it's water. jeremiah has been drinking for me" he explained to her.

"mhm i love this kid so much." jeremiah chuckled. belly asked cameron to leave and he nodded. they both left and went to his car. the three teens continued to play. "two v. one all right? you guys are going down, ready?" jeremiah asked. he threw it and it went straight into the cup. jeremiah shouted in celebration "you owe my five bucks! i told you!"

"so, care, who are you going with?" conrad asked "to the
ball—i mean."

"i don't know. i can always take one of you with me." carolina said as jeremiah looked at conrad and gave him a knowing look. it was him giving a "you better take her" look. conrad took a shot and missed again. "fuck." he said making jeremiah laugh.

"you cannot aim for shit, dude." jeremiah said picking up the ball.

jeremiah had one more cup on his side of the table. daniel had just joined them after getting bored inside of the party. he had been commentating their game for the past couple of minutes.

"carolina harper is the beer pong queen and soon to be champion. her teammate conrad kind of really sucks..." daniel said in an announcer voice. "hey!" conrad said glaring at daniel cause of the comment he made. daniel continued, "she has one cup left to conquer...will she make it?! she aims the ball...throws it...bam! around the rim and into the cup! they win!"

conrad and carolina throw their arms up in victory.

"drink up man!" daniel said in his normal voice.

after the game, daniel ended up driving the three home. the three were in the back and carolina was basically in a fisher sandwich with both of the boys on each side of her. "you know i feel like an uber driver." he said looking at the empty seat next to him.

"daniel you drive like a grandma! press the gas a bit harder, will you?" carolina said from the back.

"shut up!"

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
i HAD to at the end 😭