016, dresses

CONRAD AND CAROLINA woke up to knocking on her door. conrad groaned at the noise coming from outside of the room. carolina also groaned, she tried to get up from the bed, but conrad's arm was securely around her. the knocking stopped for a bit, but then it started again. "who is it?" carolina asked.

"care? can i come in" susannah's sweet voice came from the other side of the door. conrad moved his head from the pillow to carolina's stomach. she was playing with the strings of the hoodie he had on. "yeah. come in." she said and the door opened.

"oh. hi conrad." susannah said as she looked into the room. she chuckled at the sight of her son curled up like a baby. "your son is a literal five year old child." carolina laughed.

"be quiet." conrad mumbled.

"care, i was going to let you know i have your dress at the house! i made them steam it again because they said they steamed it and it was still wrinkled."

"oh! thank you susannah! i will pick it up when this lazy bum gets up." she said messing up conrad's hair making it crazier than it was before. he groaned "give me 15 and i'll be up." he mumbled with his eyes still shut.

susannah chuckled "yeah yeah. you say 15 minutes, but 15 turns into 20 then 20 turns into an hour. i would really get him up in 15 so you don't have to wait here for a whole hour." she said and carolina nodded "noted. thank you."

susannah smiled once again before heading out of her room, closing the door on the way out. "you hear that you little bed head? your getting up in 15 starting now. we're getting the good muffins after." she said and he responded with a tired "hmm."

conrad had gotten up and carolina went to the store to get the good muffins

conrad had gotten up and carolina went to the store to get the good muffins. it was around 8 am when they got back to the fishers house. carolina and conrad were aiming for jeremiah's mouth as they threw raspberries at him. jeremiah caught all of them successfully.

conrad walked to the coffee pot as it finished brewing and handed carolina a two plates for their muffins. she took them out from the box while conrad poured them coffee. jeremiah had made a smoothie, but the muffins tasted better with coffee.

carolina was waiting for belly because they had to head to the country club for the debutante ball.

belly came down thee stairs and came into the kitchen. conrad offered belly the muffins they bought for breakfast. "i—i'm good. thanks, though." she said and conrad nodded and closed the box.

"oh, girls you should get going!" susannah said as care was trying to walk to get her dress but conrad pulled her back to him. "don't leave me here." he groaned.

"you'll see me soon. you're my escort, remember?"

"oh, and everyone stay out of the family room. i've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling." susannah announced.

"aren't you driving us?" belly asked laurel. she looked over to susannah "i'm going over with susannah so i thought maybe you or carolina could drive. it's only a couple of blocks and hey, carolina could give you some driving tips." she said holding the keys up.

"seriously?"

"actually, belly can drive herself. daniel is taking me over, he's playing golf today for some reason?" carolina said and belly squealed in excitement and grabbed the keys. while she walked out of the kitchen laurel shouted instructions for the road.

carolina gave conrad the rest of her muffin. "i gotta go too." she added. she quickly kissed conrad before heading to her house with her dress that susannah picked up.

belly walked into the dressing room and saw carolina sat at the vanity with clips in her hair doing her makeup

belly walked into the dressing room and saw carolina sat at the vanity with clips in her hair doing her makeup. her hair was curled perfectly and her makeup was perfect. belly never knew how to do makeup or how to curl her hair. she took at seat next to carolina. "hi! i'm almost done. i can help you, if you want." carolina said and belly nodded "thanks. i just need help with my hair."

"no problem. i'll be done soon."

carolina finished her hair so she could help belly get ready.

she straightened belly's hair in silence. belly told her to do whatever she thought was best. both debated if they should talk to each other or not. "uh so are you excited for college?" belly asked and carolina looked up from her hair.

"uh i guess so? i'm a little scared to be there alone." carolina said concentrating on belly's hair. she had all of the hairspray, brushes, and rubber bands line up on the vanity. "are you excited for tonight?" carolina asked and belly nodded.

"yeah, i'm a little nervous though. i'm not the best dancer and i'm scared i'll mess up." she said.

"it's okay i used to suck at these kind of things. i used to mess up all the time." carolina chuckled.

after doing belly's hair, she found a headband with pearls that matched her dress. "there. you look amazing, belly." she said as she placed the pearl headband on her head. she added a couple more sprays of hairspray and pulled back flyaways so they didn't stick up.

"wow, thanks carolina." belly smiled "i'm gonna go put my dress on now." she said and carolina nodded.

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
hehe...hi 🫣😭😐 it's uh—been 3 months 😬