022, stay

CAROLINA HAD BEEN watching youtube videos on her tv for a couple of hours now. she made herself dinner and was now on the couch eating ice cream out of the container. she got up from the couch to put the container back into the freezer. right when she was about to sit back down the doorbell rung.

she opened the door and it was not who she expected it to be. she froze for a second and soon reached to close the door. conrad's foot stopped the girl from closing the door fully. "come on, care. i just want to talk." he told her.

she shook her head, "please don't call me that and i'm sorry, but i don't want to talk right now." she said trying to close the door again but something stopped it again. "carolina, please," he pleaded. she looked down at his foot that was firmly against the door frame. he wasn't planning to move it anytime soon.

"please conrad, not now. it's late." she said looking at her phone. it was almost midnight, carolina could do this right now. she sighed, "look, i'll talk to you later if you leave right now." she said with her hand on the door ready close it anytime.

"when's later?" conrad asked removing his foot from the door. carolina noticed his foot move, "when i feel like talking to you. i'm sorry, conrad." she said before closing the door. a breath of relief came out of her mouth as the door was shut.

the first thing she did after was call jermiah. "hey, jermiah! please tell me why your brother knocked on my door at midnight to talk to me and also who told him i was here?" she asked as soon as he picked up the phone.

"it was steven, but i may have been the one to get him to talk to you. look, care, you guys need to talk at some point." jeremiah said, "it's better late than never. it's been five months since you guys broke up. do you still like him?" jeremiah asked.

"look i care for him, i always will, but i don't know what i feel." she sighed. "i talked to him a bit after susannah's funeral, but that's all. i literally don't know what else to tell him. look, jeremiah, i'm trying to move on."

"so what's stopping you?" he asked, and all he heard was silence, "that one guy you talked to a couple months ago. why'd you go on a date with him?"

"he was cute."

"and?" jeremiah knew there was more.

carolina sighed, "and he reminded me of conrad."

"and then he kissed you and you..."

"thought about conrad."

"see, you won't stop thinking of him." jeremiah exclaimed, "why don't you give him a chance, care. i know it was shitty of him to break up with you over the phone, but you know he was in a rough spot when you guys broke up. i think you should go talk to him."

carolina knew he was right about talking to conrad. she told jeremiah she was coming back her and hung up. care got up from the couch and grabbed a jacket before heading to the fishers house. jeremiah must have been waiting for her since the front door opened almost automatically.

"tell steven i'm gonna kill him later." carolina said walking into the house. steven, taylor, and belly we're still watching a movie, so belly was curious when she saw jeremiah and care talking in the kitchen.

she said carolina let out a visible sigh, before heading up the stairs. jeremiah soon joined them, sitting next to steven. "is she gonna do it?" steven asked, but belly couldn't hear most of jeremiah's response. all she heard was, "and she said she's gonna kill you."

when carolina reached the top of the stairs, she saw the light from his room under the small crack under the door. what was she doing to herself? it was 12:45, which late for her to be out of bed. she slowly made her way to his room and knocked on the door. he slowly pulled the door open and there was some shock on his face. "what are you doing?"

"let's talk."

"i thought you weren't ready." he replied.

"i am now. jeremiah convinced me." she said and conrad pulled his door open for her to come in. she entered his room and took a seat on his desk chair and conrad sat on his bed.

"look, carolina, i'm really sorry. i'm sorry i forgot and i shouldn't have broken up with you like that. you don't understand how much i regret it." she stared at the floor until conrad grabbed her hands, "i really missed you and i'm so sorry carolina." she could hear the meaningfulness in his words.

there was moment of silence before carolina, "i'm sorry, too. i shouldn't have gotten so mad at you and called you an asshole. i should've been there for you when susannah passed. i really should've." she said looking down again.

"hey, you don't need to apologize for that. look, carolina, i want us to be good again." he used his hand to pull her chin upward. carolina nodded, "i want that too." she replied.

they both stood up, engulfing each other in a hug. carolina was glad they were on good terms again. "never do that again," the girl mumbled into his chest. she missed the hugs that conrad gave her. the boy slightly chuckled, "i won't, i promise" he smiled.

through the small open crack in the door, curious eyes watched as the two hugged.

"if it's not too soon, can you stay here tonight?" he said loosing his arms around here. the girl nodded, jumping to lie down on his bed. conrad was quick to join her on his bed. although there was some awkwardness in the beginning, the two were in each others arms for the rest of the night.

it was always going to be her and conrad.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
authors note

hehehe i feel like (i do) upload
chapters every two months