005, drive-in

VIDEO GAME SOUND effects played as the boys played a video game on the couch. they were all dressed up for laurels book event. the boys were so invested in the game, it was like their eyes were glued to the screen. carolina was looking back and forth between the boys and the tv. she had no idea what was happening and what all the terms that they were saying meant.

she's been watching them play different games over the past few years and still has no idea what they're doing.

"full team, full team, full team." steven said clicking the buttons on the controller.

"okay, i'm coming, coming right now." jeremiah replied.

"hold on, i'm coming in, too." daniel said looking down at his controller for a split second, then looking back at the tv. "wait you see one?" jeremiah asked.

"cracked one, cracked one."

"cracked what?" carolina mumbled to herself.

"nice."

"got him."

"see you guys later." a voice said from behind them. carolina turned around and belly was dressed in denim shorts and a flowery, knit tank top. jeremiah and carolina were the first ones to look. "awh! belly, you look amazing!" carolina gushed.

"damn!" jeremiah said discarding his controller and standing up. he walked over to belly and steven looked at him "are you kidding? no. yeah, fine, just abandon the game completely, jere. take this, care." steven said handing her the controller quickly and looked back at the tv.

"wha—i don't know what the fuck i'm supposed to do." carolina said looking at all the buttons.

"just press a shit ton of buttons and that one is to run." conrad pointed at her controller. daniel looked over at his sister "press that and just keep pressing it, yeah." he said.

"you...look...hot." jere said spinning belly.

"hey, hey, hey. stop flirting with my sister." steven said turning around to look at his sister.

"shut up, steven." belly said.

"what the fuck?" carolina mumbled, looking at the game.

"no, you shut up. well, you look good, though." he said turning around quickly and turned back to the game. jeremiah chuckled "you driving with, or are you meeting us there?" jeremiah asked.

"i'm not going to the book party. i'm going to the drive-in." belly explained. her phone chimed and she looked down to check it. "dude, dude. focus. come on." steven said to conrad as he looked at belly for a second like the rest of them.

"um, okay. bye." belly laughed as she left the living room.

"jeremiah get your ass over here cause i still don't know what the hell i'm doing!" carolina shouted as jeremy rushed to go and get his controller back. "oh! sorry." he said jumping over the back of the couch.