010, risk taking

WALTZ DANCING WAS harder than carolina thought. she kept on stepping on her partners foot, by her partner, she meant daniel, her brother. carolina didn't ask anyone yet, so daniel was her party "fuck my life. it gross that i have to dance with you, my own sister! ow! carolina! that was my toe." daniel groaned.

"sorry, it's not my fault you have clown feet." carolina said through her teeth as ms. covington passed by. they both flashed her a fake smile as they continued dancing. "how are you doing?" ms. covington asked.

"good."

"are you gonna find a date? other than your brother?" ms. covington asked.

"yes, i'm working on it." she smiled and ms. covington's walked away. all of a sudden, the music changed from waltz music to pop music. the siblings turned their head and watched jeremiah dancing. everyone cheered him on as he danced. carolina didn't even notice he was here until now. everyone joined him and it turned into a dance party.

"what is going on here? alexa, stop." miss paige said entering the room. she turned to the youngest fisher "jeremiah fisher, why aren't you at the pool?" miss paige asked tilting her head.

"we had a "code brown." yeah, we lost the keys to the chemical closet." jeremiah said as paige opened her binder and threw him the keys. "there you go." she said and he thanked her.

"catch you later bells."

"get going, jeremiah." she said as he headed out "all right everyone let's try that again this time, without the theatrics."

conrad stood by the entrance looking for carolina. he waved to her and nicole thought he waved at her. she quickly realized he wasn't waving to her when carolina pushed daniel to dance with belly and she followed conrad. it made sense why he told her he didn't want any thing this summer.

"hey." she said

"hi—uh so daniel is your escort?" conrad chuckled and carolina laughed "yeah, i couldn't find anyone. unless you want to." carolina said and he nodded.

"i'll think about it. i don't think covington likes me very much. i'm gonna see cleveland on the boat today and—oh shoot i gotta be there in ten." conrad said looking at his phone. conrad leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips with his hand on the side of her face. "bye, care." he said and she smiled.

"bye, connie." she said and he ran off to meet cleveland.

after dance practice, carolina went swimming and then to get food at the country club

after dance practice, carolina went swimming and then to get food at the country club. jeremiah was sitting on the counter eating a sandwich. steven was on the opposite side wearing a hairnet, which carolina thought was funny and managed to keep her laughs in.

"hey boys." carolina said sitting at the counter "can i get a strawberry lemonade, steven? thank you." she said handing him money. when he came back, jeremiah turned to carolina, who started to sip on her drink.

"hey, carolina tell steven he should get out of here and have some fun." jeremiah said before taking a bite of his sandwich. carolina opened her mouth to talk, but steven cut her off. "no, don't ask her. you both have trust funds, no all of us do, jere." steven said "some of us need to work."

"bullshit. if shayla called you right now, you ass would be out the door." jeremiah said. steven said he wasn't wrong because it was shayla. "he's not wrong." carolina said sipping on her drink. another worker came up steven and told her was going to be promoted to the card room.

"the club has a card room?" jeremiah asked as steven left. jeremiah looked to carolina and she shrugged. steven walked away and turned around doing a peace sign.

"so, what's been going on with you and my brother?" jeremiah asked out of the blue making carolina choke on her drink. "uhm—what?" she asked wiping her mouth. she didn't think anyone saw them last night.

"don't act like i didn't see you guys yesterday at the dock." jeremiah said and started making kissing noises.

"oh my god. you're the one who almost killed us with that firework." carolina said. last night when conrad pulled away, a firework flew past them and blasted into the air. it startled the both of them. "guilty. dad told me it went like six feet, but i didn't not expect it to reach the dock, sorry." jeremiah said making both of them laugh.

"i gotta get back, my break is ending. here." he said sliding the rest of his sandwich to her. carolina happily took it. "thanks, jere. see you later." she said as he went back to the pool.

"ready to head back?" conrad asked setting the fish he caught in the cooler and putting the net on the floor

"ready to head back?" conrad asked setting the fish he caught in the cooler and putting the net on the floor. cleveland leaned against a pole "eh...not till you tell me about your mystery girl." cleveland said making conrad smile widely "there it is again, huh?" he asked.

"uh it's just—you know i've known her since we were like ten. i guess she's been a person that i can talk to about literally anything in the world. i feel happy around her." conrad told him.

"so you like her?" cleveland asked.

"yeah, yeah i do. we—uh—we kissed last night while all the fireworks were going off. it's just, her and i have so much shit going on, if i fuck up and lose her, i literally don't know what i would do without her. i can't afford to lose a person like her." conrad said.

"well, if there's one thing i've learned from years of overpriced therapy, it's that you can be good with someone else until you're good with yourself. that's how i tanked my last relationship."

"i know, it's just that after this summer, we're both going to college and now that i think about it, we're gonna be like an hour away from each other. if we started something, do you think it'll work out?" conrad asked.

"yeah, there is a possibility, but it'll be a big risk you and her would have to take." cleveland responded "would you take that risk?" he asked.

"yeah, i would."

·˚ 💌 AUTHORS NOTE
idk what college carolina is going to
but it's gonna be close to conrad's