Chapter 2: Blue Bloods

We start working in the orchards. My father is really proud of them. He has crossbred different fruits and plants together and has made successful new kinds of fruit that even get sold and put on the King's table. Me and Wren were working in the Prose side where he had crossbred a peach and a rose to create a wonderful new flavor. They were also very beautiful. I picked a peach and peeled a few layers of petals to bite into the juicy fragrant prose. The taste is just divine, it tasted exactly like what royalty should be eating.

"Anise stop eating and get back to work already" Wren yells from the ladder.

"Sorry I just felt like tasting the merchandise."

"Take this bunch from me already"Wren handed me the basket he had filled up.

"Do you think these proses actually get served on the King's table? Because I would love to see that!"

"I guess? that is what Dad has said, and he had heard it from the buyers from Tyrian."

I would love to visit Tyrian some day! I haven't ever left Cerulean. Imagine to visit a different province and see the other people of the country".

We live in Cerulean where almost everyone has blue blood and it shines through our pale skin. Everyone has blue hair in our province, unless you dye it a different color. Another interesting fact about Ceruleans is that we have an interesting feature where we all have two sets of lungs. We live by the ocean and this gives us the ability to swim well and have a good resistance to the cold water. I have always been a bit of a tomboy and never thought of as a dainty girl as I work in the orchard alongside my brothers. It seems like everyone tends to forget I am a girl. I never really fit in with the girls in my area. I always felt different, it is not like I'm ugly but I am average. I am somewhat tanned and lack a slender figure from working in the orchard. I sometimes wish I could be beautiful but I try not to dwell on it as it seems to be out of my reach.

"I am going to the ocean once the afternoon hits and it gets too hot, do you want to go with?" I ask.

"No, I think I will stay home today, I don't feel like going in the water!"

"Okay I will bring back some fish or something"he morning and ended quickly and we spent most of our time in silence harvesting the fruit. We had lunch together with everyone and most others went to have some free time for a while. I decided to go by myself into the ocean. I have been doing that a lot, although I normally do not go by myself that often but it is not unusual. I take the small boat and head to one of my favorite spots , an area where the cliff hangs over and gives me a good place to dive off of. I paddle my way over there. I tie my boat on to the ledge of the cliff and get out and tie my long purple hair back. I take my net to catch the fish and dive into the water. I do not go that deep but spend time looking for some fish or any other creatures. It seems too quiet today like all the fish are busy elsewhere. After 20 minutes of searching I rise to the top to grab some more air. I float for a while stretching out all 4 limbs and just enjoy the quiet.

"I guess I should give it another shot or Wren is going to make me feel bad for not catching anything!"

I dive again and search for a while I see a fish and start chasing it. As I get my net ready I feel something like a flipper hit the side of my head and I feel myself losing consciousness. I try to fight it and start flailing but my eyes start closing. I feel my body falling but all of a sudden I am being lifted and I start rising and rising until I am out of the water. My lungs gasp for more air and my eyes open. I am looking into purple eyes and become startled and screamed.